Another UGA recruiting violation......Mark Richt punished....

"McGarity informed the NCAA that, as a result of the violation, Richt will receive a letter of admonishment and won’t be permitted to place phone calls to recruits or their families during April’s evaluation period."

A letter of admonishment....yikes! Won't be permitted to place phone calls to recruits? So your punishment for one recuiting violation in which he broke the rules and self-reported it is telling him something else he can't do...which he will do anyway, self-report it, and receive a similar punishment.

"UGA does not believe a recruiting violation was gained as [Crowell's] mother has stated that her son knew he was going to attend UGA since he was a young child,” McGarity wrote."

Are you honestly trying to prove that your coach's cheating had no affect on this kid? Because his mom said she decided he was going to UGA when he was a kid?!?! Is that why you felt it necessary to offer Crowell's close friend/teammate...when you were the only school in the country to do so???

ugh, this is stupid. They didnt do anything bad. They didnt gain an unfair advantage by doing what they did. The players werent in pads, they didnt run any plays... How it can even be considered a "game simulation" is beyond me.

ugh, this is stupid. They didnt do anything bad. They didnt gain an unfair advantage by doing what they did. The players werent in pads, they didnt run any plays... How it can even be considered a "game simulation" is beyond me.

UGA troll...Perma-BAN

They knew the rules and disobeyed them. Whether or not it actually gave them an advantage is beside the point. And I'm not sure how you don't see this as a 'game simulation.' I recognized it was back a month ago when they ran the article that described the situation.

---WHEN the nadlickers start next season 0-3 he'll be worried about who is gonna fill HIS position.

You'll learn not to say anything remotely reasonable about UGA, Clemson, VT, etc., etc. on here.

This is a non-issue.

However, how many non-issues until it becomes an issue.

I mean there were what 6 self report violations last week, 1 this week.

I am sure the NCAA is eventually going to tell Richt that the philosophy of violating recruiting rules so long as he self reports them isn't correct.

However, these non-issues are stupid IMO. They aren't big deals, but taken in the aggregate relative to the number of self reporting it may become on issue on that front.

I don't think it's a big deal, but it sure as hell is bush league. I wonder how all the other tailbacks felt about that. For that matter, how did the entire offense?

You think we had problems with seniors with bad attitudes last year? Wait to see the problems ugag is gonna have this year. Richt has basically built this class up to be bigger and better than everybody else that is currently on the team. And he's done it repeatedly, and to multiple news organizations. There's no way in hell that he hasn't pissed off a lot of the older guys.

"Richt has basically built this class up to be bigger and better than everybody else that is currently on the team."

Agree with the above. Richt may lose his '11 team quicker than he lost his '10. But, what does he have to lose? Another poor campaign and he is out.

Richt has basically built this class up to be bigger and better than everybody else that is currently on the team. And he's done it repeatedly, and to multiple news organizations. There's no way in hell that he hasn't pissed off a lot of the older guys.

This isn't the first time he's done it. SMR will come over to your house, talk to your mom, tell you that you're the best recruit ever, that this is the best class ever, and that you'll start every game and win 4 MNC's because you're so much better than anyone else in the history of the program. He'll retire your number and you'll be a #1 draft pick because you excelled in the most difficult conference in football. That's the crap he spoonfeeds kids and they eat it up because they think that they're "special". Then next season he's telling some freshman the exact same thing about your position and you're left out in the cold after he oversigns.

I know people say "That's not true. If he did that recruits would figure it out." But look at how Alabama oversigns ever season and recruits still can't quite figure that out. It's because they think they're "special" and honestly believe that they're the best player in the history of college football.

So now Richt has a team of prima donnas that break the law, win the Fulmer Cup, and have players with facebook sites full of phone camera mirror shots of flipping the bird.

UGA troll...Perma-BAN

Before calling someone a Troll PLEASE DO SOME SEARCHES and link to prior posts as evidence.

I have reviewed some of Architorture23's posts and he appears to be a Legit GT fan.

I DO WANT Trolls brought to my attention but PLEASE ATTEMPT TO VERIFY that is the case.

It usually is pretty easy they will be defending Richt, Harrick and etc. and then talking about how GT will never win blah, blah, and blah.

Before calling someone a Troll PLEASE DO SOME SEARCHES and link to prior posts as evidence.

I have reviewed some of Architorture23's posts and he appears to be a Legit GT fan.

I DO WANT Trolls brought to my attention but PLEASE ATTEMPT TO VERIFY that is the case.

It usually is pretty easy they will be defending Richt, Harrick and etc. and then talking about how GT will never win blah, blah, and blah.
No, I'm not a troll. I think Cake Eater might have been joking, but it is still ridiculous that if anybody posts anything even remotely reasonable about UGA they are called out like that.

If Richt wants to alienate his upper classmen, that's none of ours or the NCAA's business. That's his own problem. But this "infraction", though technically real, is pretty lame.

I don't like UGA, though I tolerate them a lot more than most die-hard Tech fans, but I'm not going to pile on them when they do something as harmless as this. For the record, when one of their players gets a speeding ticket on a scooter, I don't consider him a thug.

Now if we could lose the step-child syndrome and start beating them, we probably wouldn't have to deal with this stuff as often.

This isn't the first time he's done it. SMR will come over to your house, talk to your mom, tell you that you're the best recruit ever, that this is the best class ever, and that you'll start every game and win 4 MNC's because you're so much better than anyone else in the history of the program. He'll retire your number and you'll be a #1 draft pick because you excelled in the most difficult conference in football. That's the crap he spoonfeeds kids and they eat it up because they think that they're "special". Then next season he's telling some freshman the exact same thing about your position and you're left out in the cold after he oversigns.

I know people say "That's not true. If he did that recruits would figure it out." But look at how Alabama oversigns ever season and recruits still can't quite figure that out. It's because they think they're "special" and honestly believe that they're the best player in the history of college football.

So now Richt has a team of prima donnas that break the law, win the Fulmer Cup, and have players with facebook sites full of phone camera mirror shots of flipping the bird.

While you're right about all of this, I think that this class would be considered "extra special." Calling it the dream team, telling Crowell there's a great chance he'll be starting against Boise, saying that the dream team will be capable of winning a MNC, this example etc. I think he knows his jobs on the line and he's upped the anti. But I can't think of many better ways to alienate your upper classmen as quickly and efficiently as he probably has this season.

On a side note, I had a buddy text me on NSD. He said something to the effect of, "Can you believe how good our class is this year?" He couldn't believe that the class was pretty much on par with what they've gotten for the past five years after I told him. So not only is this team crap working on the kids, but it makes their fans believe that he's doing a better job too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back