Another UT Vol arrested

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
This time for shoplifting.

Nyshier Oliver is facing a charge of shoplifting. The 18-year-old freshman defensive back was cited at 1:45 p.m. on Nov. 7, a few hours before the Volunteers hosted Memphis.

According to court records, the Jersey City, N.J., native was spotted allegedly concealing a $110 brown polo shirt from Dillards in a shopping bag.

$110 for a polo shirt? Good Lord, just go ask one of their boosters to buy one for you.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/tennessee-football-player-nysheir-202185.html

Lane Kiffin is building a solid team. They could even beat the hell out of the team from the longest yard. But don't take my word on it, he's putting them in there to find out for himself.

My roommate knows the guy, he says he's pretty much a cocky maggot who wears polos all the time, comes to class late and like announces himself when he comes in, and is just a douche in general. I'm not really worried about it.

Last edited:
So, I was reading through the UTenn homepage trying to find some sort of honor statement or tradition to make fun of (rest assured, there are none present), and I came across this little fact, which is pretty interesting.

"A UT athletic team was dubbed the Volunteers for the first time in 1902 by the Atlanta Constitution following a Tennessee-Georgia Tech football game."

At http://www.utk.edu/aboutut/traditions.shtml

Oh wait. One other interesting "tradition" of note:

"The Strip"
Cumberland Avenue was one of the original Knoxville streets surveyed and platted by Charles McClung in 1791. The street and the surrounding area were home to wealthy business owners, but by the late 1920s, Cumberland Avenue became increasingly commercialized. Some owners began to rent all or parts of their homes to students, and other homes became fraternity houses. Businesses moved in as homeowners moved out. Through the years, the street has been home to filling stations, grocery stores, clothiers, restaurants, clubs, drugstores, an automobile dealership, and other neighborhood enterprises. Cumberland Avenue first earned its nickname "The Strip" after a drug raid during the 1960s.

My roommate knows the guy, he says he's pretty much a cocky maggot who wears polos all the time, comes to class late and like announces himself when he comes in, and is just a douche in generally. I'm not really worried about it.
The fact that he goes to class at all is impressive.

holy crap. This thread is loaded with anti-Vol WIN.

At least Nu'Keese will still get to wear orange...

My roommate knows the guy, he says he's pretty much a cocky maggot who wears polos all the time, comes to class late and like announces himself when he comes in, and is just a douche in generally. I'm not really worried about it.

Was there ever chance that a guy named Nyshier wasn't a douche?

Back