Answers to a few questions.......

refrigeratormover

Dodd-Like
Jerry the Jacket: I would love to coach under the right circumstances. Recruiting is so big now that you have to position people in right places to hit recruits in certain areas. Ex.: Mike Devlin was a teammate of mine in Buffalo and now coaches the Arizona Cardinals line, he would be great here because of the fire in his belly and plus he is a big name in PA. and NJ. and could draw kids from there. Would love to talk to kids but that's up to Chan.

Ahso: I will talk O-line anytime you want. I am passionate about the play of this group and will offer opinions all the time and have to certain people.

Beeware: I miss Mac, he was my coach but better yet he was a helluva a recruiter. That's the personallity you like to see in a coach. Marrone was a great recruiter and a helluva xx's and oo's coach but I think he lacked it on field. We talked about it a lot. He will be successful in the NFL. I will not say anything bad about the coaches now because I was subjected to a lot of hate when I spoke out about GOL and Ralph. I commend both for what they did for GT but personally I didn't like what I saw and how they treated kids personally, that's enough said. Chan is not tolerating the kids efforts on the O-line and I can assure you that. These concerns will be worked out and that I can assure you of.

Geetee: Schemes have been implemented for 2 years now, it's time for the kids to execute, enough said.

Deac: I have played enough were there are going to be years that the defense is going to carry the offense and vice versa, I lost four superbowls. I KNOW.

Bottom line is that the kids have to get a dirty nasty attitude towards their opponent ie; Reilly. That needs to carry over to all the kids. It takes five to succeed and if one has other goals then it will hurt the whole group.
Chan has challenges everyday and I believe he is upholding his promise to get us where we should be and that is top 10 with BCS implications on the line, he will never deviate from that and we shouldn't expect him too.
Moreso, these kids should understand the importance of going to Tech. We are different and we do set different expectations but when they understand the benefits of this then you will see a difference.

Lastly, I respect everyone's opinions and there are some diehards on here that expect changes overnight, it ain't going to happen. I am very realistic and I expect perfection as well but it takes time to implement a system. My hats off for starting a frosh at QB that took balls and I will be a big supporter of Chan's for doing it. Chan also knows that there are former players who expect a lot from him and he has never once backed down from delivering what he says he will. Hopefully this answered a few questions and next comes duke. I told Chan as much as I love Ted Roof this is the biggest game of this teams year and a win is very much expected. HE AGREED!!!!!

Mover

It was great seeing ya out there on Thur nite.

Thanks for your insight. Its greatly appreciated.

Its becoming apparent from watching the games, and hearing comments that perhaps 1-2 OL players may not be giving everything and/or have more personal agendas. I really hope this can get fixed. If the agenda is to get to the NFL w/o injury - the quality of play in that effort may hurt the NFL aspiration IMO....

That O-Tackle, transfer from M.B. seems to be a hard worker and a player to me (agreed?). I hope to see him get more PT.

thanks John it is a pleasure to read your posts. The insight you bring is 2nd to none!

THANKS

Biiiiiiiigggggggggg John,
I appreciate the opportunity to read your posts and I agree with what you have said. Don't really understand though the statement about Chan not tolerating the O Line thing. I'll re-read it since I'm usually a couple of laps down on the field anyhow.
Did get up to the sorghum festival. Did NOT get to stop by your friend's place, as one would need to take a number and wait just to get out of the highway up there at Elijay. We also skipped the Pink Pig this time but did ride on down to Ball Ground and ate at "2 Brothers" for the first time.
Skipping around here, did anyone watch Virginia Tech and West Virginia? I was really impressed at the O-Line of WV and how they exploded off the ball on the running plays. They DID have their helmets screwed on tight.
Hey Big John,
Let's see some more posts from you here. I appreciate them.

Originally posted by romegajacket:
Skipping around here, did anyone watch Virginia Tech and West Virginia? I was really impressed at the O-Line of WV and how they exploded off the ball on the running plays. They DID have their helmets screwed on tight.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes, I saw it and it was another indictment for why WV belongs in the ACC as much as VT or UVA. The Hillbillies consistently bring it in football and they've been known to have a hoops team or two (at least on the bubble
wink.gif
)

They were one of my choices to add all along but the main argument against them seemed to be academics.

If so that's just plain out hypocrisy. WV is a fine state school, not a community college, and by their joining the conference we could have giving them a hand up (if they actually need it).

The expansion was not handled properly and everybody with an educated brain knows that, even if they're afraid to admit it. West Virginia got left out on bigoted grounds and we ought to be all ashamed of ourselives.

Gold Rush--
Do you mean the transfer OT from Morris Brown, Kenton Johnson? By G.S., that sounds like Georgia Southern, but he came from M. B.

I don't know gnats, anybody whose main concerns are Marshall and starting fires doesn't sound like ACC caliber to me.
grin.gif
Seriously, I have a number of friends who are WVU grads and I spend time in the area but I just don't think they would have been a good fit. Not saying BC is perfect you understand, just never felt good about the Mountaineeers.

Originally posted by Herr Goldshields:
Gold Rush--
Do you mean the transfer OT from Morris Brown, Kenton Johnson? By G.S., that sounds like Georgia Southern, but he came from M. B.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">============================================

Yep - you are right...I must have had brain lock (again) - thanks for that

gnats and nc, I always thought Syracuse, an original candidate, would have been a better fit than Va. Tech or WVU. But, unfortunately, the shriveled up, Montgomery Burns-types from Tobacco Road didn't have the kahunas to face the hoops competition.

Originally posted by Herr Goldshields:
gnats and nc, I always thought Syracuse, an original candidate, would have been a better fit than Va. Tech or WVU. But, unfortunately, the shriveled up, Montgomery Burns-types from Tobacco Road didn't have the kahunas to face the hoops competition.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">actually I think Syracuse balked on that one. They were cool from the get go and just seemed to be tagging along with Miami and BC. Then Baheim came out against the ACC and that pretty well took them out of the picture.

BC was always a big time supporter and were pushed aside, but the ACC paid them back while Syracuse languishes in the dying Big East.

Thanks so much for your insight John. I love to read posts from former GT players. Keep posting!

Originally posted by refrigeratormover:

Beeware: I miss Mac, he was my coach but better yet he was a helluva a recruiter. That's the personallity you like to see in a coach.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">r-mover,

Thanks for your response.

One additional question if you don't mind. I personally feel that Coach Mac would have made an excellent head coach....and was the right choice at the right time after the Seattle Bowl victory.

Putting aside the debate of Mac versus Chan, in general, from what you know of Coach Mac...do you believe as I do that he would make a good head coach? I would appreciate your honest opinion.

Originally posted by beeware:
One additional question if you don't mind. I personally feel that Coach Mac would have made an excellent head coach....and was the right choice at the right time after the Seattle Bowl victory.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Mac is a DAWG and no damn DAWG is going to run OUR PROGRAM even if he is the next John Heisman so get it through your inch-thick skull! Mac is one of the finest OL coaches in the business but that doesn't make him the head coach. I'm glad that he didn't get the Tech job because I like him too much to want to see him AND Tech fail.

With every game Chan Gailey wins, he is making a bigger and bigger fool of you, nonad (beebad) and MsTechPMS. Personally, I'm enjoying watching you all get silenced each Saturday because anyone who is silenced by a Tech victory is NO TECH FAN.

Keep buying season tickets and contributing to AT. We'll take your money. Your loyalty, however, is not worth the crap piling up under the streets of Atlanta.

Originally posted by WhatWouldHeismanDo:
Originally posted by beeware:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Mac is a DAWG and no damn DAWG is going to run OUR PROGRAM even if he is the next John Heisman so get it through your inch-thick skull! Mac is one of the finest OL coaches in the business but that doesn't make him the head coach. I'm glad that he didn't get the Tech job because I like him too much to want to see him AND Tech fail.

With every game Chan Gailey wins, he is making a bigger and bigger fool of you, nonad (beebad) and MsTechPMS. Personally, I'm enjoying watching you all get silenced each Saturday because anyone who is silenced by a Tech victory is NO TECH FAN.

Keep buying season tickets and contributing to AT. We'll take your money. Your loyalty, however, is not worth the crap piling up under the streets of Atlanta.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Man, lovefest city for Big John! I'll pitch in, though, 'cause your insights obviously carry so much weight. I look forward to reading your future responses.

Yeah, Mac did a great job with the most talented O line in the country for the last 2 years at Texas. Just ask OU.

Back