Anthony Allen and Baltimore

cyptomcat

Hibernating
From AJC
Backup Willis McGahee has a $6 million base salary for 2011, which is a bit more than any team wants to be paying a backup running back. His agent has reportedly said he won’t take a pay cut, which is kind of forcing the Ravens’ hand. A Baltimore Sun report indicated the decision has already been made.

If McGahee is out of the picture, then that, at least at present, leaves Allen to compete with three other running backs. Combined, they have 11 NFL carries. It’s certainly possible the Ravens could cut McGahee and bring him back or they could find a backup for Rice in the free agency market, whenever the lockout ends.
GM Ozzie Newsome: “We think there’s some upside there being that he played in a wishbone [system]. Running backs coach Wilbert Montgomery made the statement to us last week when we were in meetings that if we backed this guy up six or seven yards from the ball, then he thinks he could add a lot to us as a running back.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-s...-baltimore/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_tech_sports

There's an upside to our offense? I thought we used luck, trick plays, and gimmicks to win. All of our guy's yards are just products of the system, right? They don't actually have to run with the ball, I'm sure.

There's an upside to our offense? I thought we used luck, trick plays, and gimmicks to win. All of our guy's yards are just products of the system, right? They don't actually have to run with the ball, I'm sure.

What exactly did he say the upside was?

:laugher:

The comment is even more curious in that they have plenty of film on Allen lining up as a "traditional" running back at L'ville.

Good luck to AA

I will be hoping for AA to have success. Seems to me he might credit GT for preparing him to be successful if he is. He worked hard and did his best to be a good ambassador for the school while he was here. I don't think I'll ever forget his run against Clemson in 09 or his un-prophetic, yet very funny, video message for the lovely Mrs. Dinich.

All our trickeration reduces the defense to helpless laughter.

Your going to see alot of AA, he is getting ready and taking no prisoners in his training. He is going to be better than he was in the combine. Why? he has the time to continue to sharpen his skills and further his training without preparing for a game or learn an offense. I hope he is able to get his hands on a playbook so he can get ahead of the game in preparing for the season. But we need to have this lockout ended and start the season!!!! Lets Get Ready For Some Football!!!

and when we fumble..thats the real punchline1
:hsugh:
Here's a punchline:
stooges.gif

Back