Anthony Allen Guarantees Touchdowns!!

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!

Jolly Good Fellow
AJC article talking about GT and UGA. Nice piece on Anthony Allen. When asked what the team is getting from him he answered.

“They’re getting touchdowns. They’re going to get a hard-nosed player who plays every down.”

Im so stoked about this guy. I watched him in preseason practices and he was by far the best Back on the field every day I was there.

http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/uga/stories/2009/01/02/georgia_2009_football.html

I hope he's as good as advertised. It would be nice to have another beast out there to go along with JD. Not gonna do much without a friggin O line though. Never paid as much attention to the trenches as I did this year. That really is where the games are decided. Get a good OL and the 4 horsemen will be on their way to breaking all sorts of records.

AA makes our running game the scariest in the country for opposing defenses. A 1-2 punch of JD and AA will make D Coordinators cringe, I really believe it could be the best 1-2 punch in the country. Add in Roddy, Josh, Embry, and Marcus and there are tons of weapons, each being a home run hitter.

Not to mention; Watson, Cox, Lockhart, Paige and Lyons. Then you got the freshman, all which will likely redshirt.

We are really deep. Good problem to have. Anthony is a good kid, he can't wait to get out on the field next season.

It's just all about the line. I'm freaking pumped about having some depth on the O-Line next year. And excited about having linemen with speed. Just think about the 2-Deep:

LT: Claytor, Smith?
LG: Cord,
C: Voss, McRae
RG: Uzzi, Gilbert
RT: Barrick, Yandell

LG: Jackson, Finch
C: McRae, Beno
RT: Barrick, Yandell, Foster

And in 2011, we'll have 3 deep! Those scholarships really do matter.

AA makes our running game the scariest in the country for opposing defenses. A 1-2 punch of JD and AA will make D Coordinators cringe, I really believe it could be the best 1-2 punch in the country. Add in Roddy, Josh, Embry, and Marcus and there are tons of weapons, each being a home run hitter.

Not to mention; Watson, Cox, Lockhart, Paige and Lyons. Then you got the freshman, all which will likely redshirt.

We are really deep. Good problem to have. Anthony is a good kid, he can't wait to get out on the field next season.

JD is maybe a half-step faster than AA, and AA is a bit tougher runner than JD. That tandem will terrorize D's the next two years. I am pumped about next fall already.

It's just all about the line. I'm freaking pumped about having some depth on the O-Line next year. And excited about having linemen with speed. Just think about the 2-Deep:

LG: Cord,
C: Voss, McRae
RT: Barrick, Yandell

LG: Jackson, Finch
C: McRae, Beno
RT: Barrick, Yandell, Foster

And in 2011, we'll have 3 deep! Those scholarships really do matter.

Remember some of these kids are not going to be here next year and/or won't be playing. There will be a major overhaul if the OLine coaches have their say.

I am pumped as well. I just hope that our O-line, A-backs, and WRs improve with their blocking assignments next season because Barry Sanders is about the only RB who could run well without decent blocking.

Remember some of these kids are not going to be here next year and/or won't be playing. There will be a major overhaul if the OLine coaches have their say.

Do you think there will be growing pains if the line is overhauled? By growing pains, I am referring to the missed assignments early in the season due to learning the new schemes.

Can you imagine a "Jumbo" package, with Watson at B-Back and Allen and Dwyer at A-Back. Or a speed package with Dwyer or Allen at the B and Jones, Wright or Peeples at the A.

He is a beast. He reminded me of Jamal Lewis this spring. Can run past you, but would rather run through you. We'll be much more physical in the second half with him spelling JD.

:laugher:
Can you imagine a "Jumbo" package, with Watson at B-Back and Allen and Dwyer at A-Back. Or a speed package with Dwyer or Allen at the B and Jones, Wright or Peeples at the A.

How about super jumbo with Cox at WR lined up in an unbalanced 'skinny' formation to the short side. Throw in a naked boot and 'drag' Cox across the field and BAM.........:laugher:

:laugher:

How about super jumbo with Cox at WR lined up in an unbalanced 'skinny' formation to the short side. Throw in a naked boot and 'drag' Cox across the field and BAM.........:laugher:
I'm waiting for us to go into that stall thing where we pull the A backs alongside Dwyer to try and get someone to jump, but go ahead and snap it and have a big body as a lead blocker for the first down.

I can't wait to see McRae at C and Uzzi at G goring some holes in the opposing line for the B back to blow thru!

I like these 2 guys to continue to start next year on OL:

Claytor - for sure @ LT
Gilbert - for sure @ RG

The rest are up in the air...and that includes our 2nd team ALL-ACC man, Cord.

I DO NOT expect Barrick to start @ RT.

But, I'm just an idiot fan.

You guys know my feeling about play in the trenches.

A great OL can make almost any running back at that level a threat...but a great RB can be completely neutralized by poor OL play.

I like these 2 guys to continue to start next year on OL:

Claytor - for sure @ LT
Gilbert - for sure @ RG

The rest are up in the air...and that includes our 2nd team ALL-ACC man, Cord.

I DO NOT expect Barrick to start @ RT.

But, I'm just an idiot fan.

I think Claytor is the only lock. But I'm just an idiot fan also....and just an idiot in general.

Can someone give us real insight into all these "changes" on an offensive line that is returning all of its starters? And why is Howard being so dissed when he just made all conf? Was that somehow in error?

Hey Bandit, not sure that UM guy in your sig vid would agree!? Nor the same guy from ugag or fsu!? JD is plenty "physical".

Back