Anthony Allen on espn.com homepage

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/onthemark1010/week-10

Here's how the bowl picture stacks up for each conference:

acc.gif
ACC

Bowl spots: 8
Bowl-eligible teams (6): Florida State, Maryland, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia Tech
On the bubble (3): Boston College, Clemson, Georgia Tech
Eliminated (3): Duke, Virginia, Wake Forest

The ACC might end up with nine bowl-eligible teams, if Boston College (5-5), Clemson (5-5) and Georgia Tech (5-5) win one more game each. The Eagles, who have won three games in a row, host Virginia on Saturday and play at Syracuse; the Tigers play at Wake Forest and host South Carolina; and the Yellow Jackets host Duke and play at Georgia. If the ACC ends up with nine bowl-eligible teams, one might be sent to the Kraft Hunger Bowl in San Francisco, which might not have a Pac-10 team available.

Kraft Hunger Bowl?

That's a Chantastic bowl if I ever heard of one.

Kraft Hunger Bowl?

That's a Chantastic bowl if I ever heard of one.

No, this is good for us. It sounds like the PAC-10 won't have an opponent for us to play, so we'll win by default.

How does Paul Johnson win a bowl? Get to a bowl without an opposing team.

No, this is good for us. It sounds like the PAC-10 won't have an opponent for us to play, so we'll win by default.

You're just on a roll today, aren't you.

Kraft Hunger Bowl? If we go to that bowl, it would be an epic fall from grace. Orange Bowl ---> Kraft F'n Hunger Bowl. :eekhair:

If a Pac 10 team can't play in that bowl, will the unlucky ACC team have to play one of those MWC or WAC teams that consistently get no respect and will be trying to prove something?

Also, do you think any ACC team will win their bowl game this year?

Jesus.

Sure hope we can handle the lowest of all bowls since we fail at the the big time bowls.
I don't know, only last week several fonts were saying O'Leary's UCF would beat us and they just got manhandled at home by Southern Miss.

Even at 6-6, UGA may not go to a bowl. There are 9 SEC bowl tie-ins with 8 teams already eligable. If Tennessee wins out, they could bump UGAy. Of course, we control their destiny.

a hoot i tell ya ....a freakin hoot

Gotta walk before you can run. I'll take any bowl this year, and would love a bowl win -- even a crappy one.

see Texas
+1

Our odds of making a bowl right now are much, much better than what they're looking at in Austin. They have to beat an A&M team that looks to have some competence in order to get to a bowl. We just have to beat Dook.

+1

Our odds of making a bowl right now are much, much better than what they're looking at in Austin. They have to beat an A&M team that looks to have some competence in order to get to a bowl. We just have to beat Dook.

And the biggest problem for them is on defense, controlled by Head Coach in Waiting Will Muschamp. People in Texas are scratching heads. There is rebuilding and then there is collapse.

Mack Brown has insinuated heads will roll in the off season, because when that many players are screwing up you have to blame coaching. But once again, where do you look is not at the defense.

P.S.
This HCIW stuff is for the birds. If you have a chance, go to a better opportunity while you are a hot commodity.

P.S.
This HCIW stuff is for the birds. If you have a chance, go to a better opportunity while you are a hot commodity.
Depends on the money, usually in order to be HCIW a contract is made with the HCIW and a sum guaranteed. If Jimbo didn't get the reigns, there was money to be owed to him by the contract. I am not sure if Texas has the same deal, but then it's Muschamp's fault.

Back