Anthony Allen vs Marcus Wright

Who will be the starter alongside Roddy Jones?

My guess is Allen will start the JSU game, but it doesn't really matter. They'll split time pretty evenly with Allen getting some time at B-Back as well.

The JSU game will be fun. The box score is gonna have 10 rushers minimum, with 11-13 very likely. My guess is 3 QB's and 8 RB's.

Anthony Allen is going to be a beast. I will have to disagree with the "blow" you are predicting. He was a great RB at Louisville, and PJ, Roddy Jones, and Nesbitt say he is going to make an impact instantly.

He's saying "blow up" as a good thing, guys. Like "break out."

Allen will blow up. It may be even at the beginning, but by the end Allen will be the solid #3 if not #2.

Miscommunication here gentlemen.
Correct me if I'm wrong here LAX, but I believe the original intent as used here is...
Blow up <> spontaneously explode
Blow up = become incredibly good and valuable

Meaning, Allen will be the #3 back, as in the other A back starter. So #1 = JD at B, #2 = RJ at A1, and #3 = AA at A2.

So 3/3 posters agree, AA will be very good for us this year.

Personally, I think Marcus is going to be great for us also. If we can avoid injury, we're in the very fortunate position of having fresh horses for all 4 quarters with interchangable backs that are ALL very good.

And yes, I am both hip, and jiggy with it, and down with OPP too. ;)

Miscommunication here gentlemen.
Correct me if I'm wrong here LAX, but I believe the original intent as used here is...
Blow up <> spontaneously explode
Blow up = become incredibly good and valuable

Meaning, Allen will be the #3 back, as in the other A back starter. So #1 = JD at B, #2 = RJ at A1, and #3 = AA at A2.

So 3/3 posters agree, AA will be very good for us this year.

Personally, I think Marcus is going to be great for us also. If we can avoid injury, we're in the very fortunate position of having fresh horses for all 4 quarters with interchangable backs that are ALL very good.

And yes, I am both hip, and jiggy with it, and down with OPP too. ;)

Yes....OK I was too busy laughing a Dawgcast's to think about alternative meanings.

GT will be able to run for days, hell GT could run for 6 quarter's without missing a step.

I know Anthony Allen was Louisville's leading rusher. But was AA the Big East's leading rusher in 2007?

If so, we have the reigning #1 RB from the ACC in 2008 and the #1 RB from the Big East in 2007.

It might be hard to compare the two. My understanding is that AA is a big, strong runner who might be better suited for B back, but is too good to sit while JD is on the field. MW is small but very fast and a fearless blocker. Which is better, the apple or the orange? AA might end up with more yards, but MW blocking might win us the game.

It might be hard to compare the two. My understanding is that AA is a big, strong runner who might be better suited for B back, but is too good to sit while JD is on the field. MW is small but very fast and a fearless blocker. Which is better, the apple or the orange? AA might end up with more yards, but MW blocking might win us the game.

The orange

I don't think its going to really matter which one starts on paper - they are both going to get plenty of playing time. MW is really entertaining to watch. I'm sure the same will be said when AA goes busting down the sidelines.

either way JD(AA + RJ + MW + LC) = fresh legs for 60 mins and some dead tired defenses

The thought of Dwyer and AA on the field at the same time actually makes me feel sorry for the other team.

Unless its Uga.

I know Anthony Allen was Louisville's leading rusher. But was AA the Big East's leading rusher in 2007?

If so, we have the reigning #1 RB from the ACC in 2008 and the #1 RB from the Big East in 2007.
he was #8 in yards in big East.

Back