Anthony Allen

Somebody watching on TV told me that after the reception he got tackled by his hair. Did anybody else see that?

Yes. The CU player didn't hold on to it though. When Allen shook the defender, it looked like he just dropped to the ground.

I thought he looked especially good on the A-back trap play where he gets the handoff and takes it between the tackles.

I watched the tape over several plays and everyone involved missed key blocks that could have opened up bigger plays.

Execution.

I can't remember where I heard it but Clemson specifically focused on our blocking technique during practice by throwing bags of sand and medicine balls at their feet and keeping their hands down. I haven't watched the replay of the game but that may have helped us miss our blocks. Their athleticism certainly helped too.

Anthony Allen doesn't need to block for himself while he's scoring 82 yard touchdowns, does he? Let's not get crazy with the "DON'T PLAY HIM IF HE CAN'T BLOCK" stuff. I think it's fair to say that he made important contributions in each of our games so far.

He missed a block on third down that would have given us a first down in the third quarter. If he makes that block it gives us a first and ten at mid field and keeps our tired defense off the field. So yes, if he cant make these types of plays he doesnt need to be on the field. Any of our A-backs (minus Cox) would have made that 82 yd TD run as well.

If dwyer was frustrated maybe it was because he was getting the heck beat out of him on every play and he was getting no help from the O line.
There were lots of missed blocks Thursday night, not just by linemen. I saw plenty of plays go for a few yards that would have gone for at least 10 or 20 if the WR or A-Back on that side hits the right man. Plenty of tacklers Thursday night were unblocked.
In the 3rd quarter, I saw the Clemson DE's go unblocked several times. I doubt that was part of the blocking scheme. I'd love to hear what comes out of the film review yesterday.

There were lots of missed blocks Thursday night, not just by linemen. I saw plenty of plays go for a few yards that would have gone for at least 10 or 20 if the WR or A-Back on that side hits the right man. Plenty of tacklers Thursday night were unblocked.
In the 3rd quarter, I saw the Clemson DE's go unblocked several times. I doubt that was part of the blocking scheme. I'd love to hear what comes out of the film review yesterday.
As I understand the option (and admittedly it is limited) sometimes the scheme calls for somebody not to be blocked on purpose so that the QB can option on that player's decision while also freeing players to double-team other defenders.
reading.gif

Back