Any injury updates on Antonneous and Jahmyr?

If Mason is out, I really hope Gibbs is good to go. Griffin is solid. But who is next man up?

1 rush for 9 yards
2 receptions for 32 yards
2 kick returns for 43 yards
Not bad stats at all. Small sample size, but you’re probably right that he’s the next man up.

Think I made this same comment on another board - but I was skeptical about the chatter from coaches saying “don’t sleep on Dontae Smith” given the rest of the loaded depth chart above him. But that screen pass in the 3Q opened my eyes to him. That kid is FAST. Remember thinking we had 4 RBs that were better than anybody FSU was fielding.

Think I made this same comment on another board - but I was skeptical about the chatter from coaches saying “don’t sleep on Dontae Smith” given the rest of the loaded depth chart above him. But that screen pass in the 3Q opened my eyes to him. That kid is FAST. Remember thinking we had 4 RBs that were better than anybody FSU was fielding.
Yep, we have some talent there for sure. FSU running backs were also poop.

Noles had an all world RB last year, Cam Akers, and could barely run the ball. Only Barry Sanders can make yards behind that line.
Only bad coaching and S&C can have a OL at a school like FSU that a decent running back can't make yards behind

In the game I thought I saw Mason leave the game dinged then Griffin came in. Mason had some tough runs up the middle against that mammoth DL to gain a yard and move the sticks. Would have to watch again to check.

I can see a lot of 2014 in this season with the backfield.

Week 2: "Mason is out, we got this. Wait who the **** is that?"
Week 3: "Griffin is out, we got this. Wait who the **** is that?"
Week 4: Bye
Week 5: "****... Mason is back. At least Griffin and Smith are out. Wait who's going in with Mason?"
Week 6: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
Week 7: ACC OL of the Week is a running back
Week 8: ACC Receiver of the Week is a running back
Week 9: We play a 4-back set
Week 10: Tech RBs are added to the playoff committee
Week 11: Peace in the Middle East

In the game I thought I saw Mason leave the game dinged then Griffin came in. Mason had some tough runs up the middle against that mammoth DL to gain a yard and move the sticks. Would have to watch again to check.

He had a couple of nice runs on our 2nd to last possession then got tackled in backfield. He popped up pretty well it appeared, camera cuts away. Griffin came in for 3rd down which is fairly normal. On Victory Formation possession, Griffin was in again. Allegedly, Mason was under the med tent. ‍IDK.

The rumor is out there though.

Back