Any official word on the extent of Nesbitt's injury?

Well, its' his forearm, so its either the ulna or radius. Most likely the radius because it is the anterior bone in the forearm. Most likely it is a simple fracture with ~6 weeks to heal.

Well, its' his forearm, so its either the ulna or radius. Most likely the radius because it is the anterior bone in the forearm. Most likely it is a simple fracture with ~6 weeks to heal.

That makes a bowl game very realistic. I think if Nesbitt is back for the bowl he will still split snaps with Tevin.

If he's back for the bowl, I think he would be taking all of the snaps for his last game. I understand wanting to get Tevin some experience, but there's no guarantee he will even be the starter next year.

If he spends 6 weeks in a cast, the concern would be muscle atrophy after that much time of non-use. Even if the bone is healed, he might not have normal strength by the bowl game. They might do an internal fixation procedure which would not require as much immobilization with casting, and he could continue to use it and keep his muscle tone. All I've heard is that it is "broken," so that could mean different things.

If it was the interior bone isn't that the radius? The smaller of the two bones above the wrist?

I broke both in high school with displacement. Not compound, just displaced so that it had to be reset. Wore a cast 4 weeks. Lost a lot of muscle. If his break was only one of the bones without displacement (sorry I am not using medical terms) then I would think he could wear a hard cast 4 weeks and then practice in a soft cast without contact. He could play with the soft cast and a lot of padding but wouldn't be much of a passing threat.

The ulna is the main bone, IIRC, and the radius is the bone that swivels. I've seen guys with a minor break of the radius wrap it tight, with a soft cast, and play. I'm pretty sure though that it would effect his ability to secure the ball, so it may just be better not to play.

Heard about it on Fox 5 news. Simply said it was broken and that his season is over. If it's over, then it doesn't particular matter what kind of fracture he has. The kind that ends football seasons.

Back