any one know

I'm gonna guess the access is limited. CPJ is installing new schemes, he not allowing much access.

All of the reports are part of that myajc crap they are going to start charging for in May. Look at the bottom left of the GT page. You can read the whole story for now, but after May it'll cost...

All of the reports are part of that myajc crap they are going to start charging for in May. Look at the bottom left of the GT page. You can read the whole story for now, but after May it'll cost...

I was curious, so looked at their prices, and found these:
total digital only access: $3.46 per week
e-edition (just electronic version of paper): $2.31 per week

I suppose the latter won't have access to the online blogs.

In other words, this is probably one of the last reports from Ken most of will ever see.

In other words, this is probably one of the last reports from Ken most of will ever see.

$3 per week?

Srs?

I was thinking more like $3 a month.

Digital only subscription is more expensive than print + digital combo. They try to explain this by saying that they need the revenue from print advertising, rather than trying to come up with new ways to offer value to people in a digital format.

Odds are we won't have much of anything that looks like the current AJC in 5 years.

Who knows? Maybe Ken has comp time accumulated he has to take and maybe they have to stagger some of that so other folks can take off during the summer. Maybe he has some summer projects lined up he needs to work on. Don't know what all he did for the AJC during the Final Four, but I'm sure he had something to do then.

Yeah, his practice notes are already going behind the pay wall. David O'Brien said, I think, his daily Braves beat blog will still be open access, but game notes, game stories and sidebars will be paywalled. Wonder if Ken's blog, where he has more room to ruminate, will be open access.

Good lord...what a rip

Yeah I looked at it too, and out of state my only option is $3.46/week. Ken might be the best GT reporter they have had, but at the same time he's not worth that for the 3 stories I get per week from them. The 5 million ads on the page don't make them enough money to support free articles? Hopefully it crashes and burns and they change it back, but I doubt that'll ever happen. Good bye AJC!

PJ got tired of his stupid questions he keeps asking and said the only way he will talk with Ken is if he signs up for the "Outreach to International Students - American Football Clinic pre-Spring Game"

This is the last dying gasp of a paper that consistently gotten worse and worse over the years. What they don't realize is that very few people will actually pay for this, they'll just quit reading altogether. They are just sealing their own fate even faster by trying to charge for something that was free. It's not like Ken can provide more/better content than he is now to offset the price change. CPJ isn't going to magically open up and start giving him this extra inside scoop. I hope Ken has his resume up to date and is actively pursuing somewhere else to work.

Back