Any predictions for Miss State game time?

ContactBuzz

Probably Drinks Cosmopolitans
Being an ACC home game, it's part of the ACC package, no?

Here's what we're up against:
Wake - F$U will almost certainly be the first choice

We'll be in competiation with Miami @ TAMU and VT @ UNC for the next slot.

Other games:
E Mich @ Maryland. Yuck
ECU @ NC State. Another ACC OOC pounding
SC State @ Clemson. Yuck
UCF @ BC. An unimpressive ACC win

ECU @ NC State. Another ACC OOC pounding

Wouldn't be suprised to see this game picked over us. ECU is hot right now...BUT, I think a key will be how we do this coming weekend. If we are 3-0, it will definitely spark some interest...

Wouldn't be suprised to see this game picked over us. ECU is hot right now...BUT, I think a key will be how we do this coming weekend. If we are 3-0, it will definitely spark some interest...

Game times will be chosen either today or tomorrow - this weekend's games won't have any impact on the decision.

I'm guessing either 12:00 on ESPN/2 or some weird in between early evening time (like 4:30) on ESPNU.

I wouldn't be surprised to see FSU-Wake on ESPN2 at night. That UNC-VT game looks like ABC 3:30, so Tech-Miss State could also get the ACC Raycom slot at noon if ECU-NCST does not.

Here are our options..

3:30 ESPN
7:45 ESPN
8:00 ESPN2

this game will be a GREAT tailgate game.

Here are our options..

Is this based on actual information or just opinion? 3:30 would be ACC - ESPN wouldn't put up another ACC game against the ABC ACC game of the week.

Should've read that ESPN wouldn't put an ACC regional game against the ACC game of the week.

The original post forgot Miami-Texas A&M for the day's schedule. That is likely to be picked up by ABC at 3:30.

I just checked the ESPNU game slots for the day: 12, 3:45, 7:30. I strongly expect GT-Miss State to be one of those.

The original post forgot Miami-Texas A&M for the day's schedule. That is likely to be picked up by ABC at 3:30.

I just checked the ESPNU game slots for the day: 12, 3:45, 7:30. I strongly expect GT-Miss State to be one of those.

It was included. I posted that it and the VT UNC game would most likely be our competition.

**I could see ESPN propping up their new SEC contract and their "look how terrible the ACC is" early season story by airing the game.

Here are our options..

PLEASE BE A NIGHT GAME! I can't make a daytime game, unless I can disguise Bobby Dodd Stadium as a circus.

PLEASE, PLEASE BE A NIGHT GAME! I'll be there and wearing white!

I was thinking there was a 5:45 espn2 time slot, if so that should be the one. Other than that I'm hoping for night game.

I was thinking there was a 5:45 espn2 time slot, if so that should be the one. Other than that I'm hoping for night game.

Night game! Night game!

A whiteout will look better under the lights. Otherwise, a stadium all in white during a Ga September will be blinding.

Night game! Night game!

Night game! Night game!

A whiteout will look better under the lights. Otherwise, a stadium all in white during a Ga September will be blinding.

Night game! Night game!

They'd better give out T-Shirts for this whiteout, or it is going to fail miserably. This is only the second time I have heard about it...and the other was a 20 person facebook group. Maybe they will ratchet up the promotion as it gets closer to gameday though...still two weeks away I guess.

Of course, this is probably the worst possible game to do this, since about a quarter of the stadium will be Miss State fans in a different color, which will ruin the effect of the whiteout should it actually come to fruition. Sometimes our administration makes decisions I don't understand. Unless Miss State's color is white? That would actually make it a pretty smart idea.

They'd better give out T-Shirts for this whiteout, or it is going to fail miserably. This is only the second time I have heard about it...and the other was a 20 person facebook group. Maybe they will ratchet up the promotion as it gets closer to gameday though...still two weeks away I guess.

Of course, this is probably the worst possible game to do this, since about a quarter of the stadium will be Miss State fans in a different color, which will ruin the effect of the whiteout should it actually come to fruition. Sometimes our administration makes decisions I don't understand. Unless Miss State's color is white? That would actually make it a pretty smart idea.

1. Off the top of my head, I believe they are maroon and white.

2. It doesn't matter if there's a small portion of the stadium in the opposing colors. That just means that they have fans there. If our fans all dress in white, and a significant portion of the stadium is our fans, the white out will be a success. If you're expecting Penn State level white outs, well it just won't happen because they can actually get their fans to completely fill the stadium.

3. I agree that the word is not being put out that well. The Facebook group I saw was actually run by the SGA president, but as you said, there are hardly any members of the group. They need to take charge now, while they have a week to spare, and really push the word to people through whatever means available. I also agree that handing out T-Shirts would help tremendously. They could do it the week of the game, and actually at the gates.

4. What other game would you want a whiteout for? Our bigger home games, f$u and miami will both bring more opposing fans than mississippi state, and to me, it just isn't worth it for gardner-webb, dook, or uva.

4. What other game would you want a whiteout for? Our bigger home games, f$u and miami will both bring more opposing fans than mississippi state, and to me, it just isn't worth it for gardner-webb, dook, or uva.

Ah, this is where I am under a different impression than you. I thought that Miss State was going to bring FAR more fans than Miami and FSU. Closer, bigger fanbase which is used to traveling, etc. I could be wrong, but from what I was hearing this is going to be close to Clemson-level opposing fans, not just a "small portion of the stadium".

Ah, this is where I am under a different impression than you. I thought that Miss State was going to bring FAR more fans than Miami and FSU. Closer, bigger fanbase which is used to traveling, etc. I could be wrong, but from what I was hearing this is going to be close to Clemson-level opposing fans, not just a "small portion of the stadium".

Wow, that's actually surprising to me. I never thought of miss. state as a traveling fanbase. You learn something new everyday...

They brought a ton of fans when we were hosting them in a baseball regional. I'm sure we'll see plenty of them and their cowbells.

Back