Any Q.Taylor updates?

ramblingamblin

Varsity Lurker
I know his dad doesnt want him to sign and he hasnt committed to us yet officialy. Someone could you please give me an update.

Ask me again tomorrow at the same time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

I am talking about on Rivals how it says check the board. Does it have any info on there or anything that his dad has said?

I read about him committing late last night and went to bed happy. Then I checked today and he is wavering. What happened? I was soooo excited about this guy, How do y'all think this will work out?

It sounds like it could be a difficult situation for the young man. My imagination is running wild but I wish the guy well and hopes life treats him well.

Here is a small Taylor update...His dad found out he had committed to GT without visiting, and did not like it. His Dad favors Ole Miss, and well, don't expect him to sign anywhere tomorrow. That's all I can pass along right now. It will be close, but Tech still has a GREAT shot at landing him post signing day!

Same as any other signing

[ QUOTE ]
How would signing him post signing day work?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can sign a kid after signing day so long as he hasn't already signed another LOI. That's what happened with Kelly Campbell years ago. I'm not sure if there is an end date after which you cannot sign any more kids.

[ QUOTE ]
How would signing him post signing day work?

[/ QUOTE ] "Signing Day" represents the 1st day during the signing period when a prospective student athlete can sign an LOI.

His high school coach says that he is still favoring Georgia Tech. Tomm. he may sign with them or he may wait and let his parents sign the LOI and then he will take a trip there this weekend just to make sure that is where he wants to go. Coach Jean-Mary is the man on recruiting this guy. What a pick up this would be for us. The Ole Miss linebacker coach (which happened to be the main reason he was favoring them) resigned this weekend so his high school coach says it like he is still going to commit to us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Hard for me to fathom why a father would rather have his kid go to Ole MIss vs GT, especially when the kid wants to go to GT and GT wants him. Does dad have a clue what the deifference in degree value will be later on in life? Does he have a clue how many GT men are currently playing in the NFL?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drinking.gif

Taylor's dad is supposedly best friends with the dad of a current Ole Miss player, and that's why he wants him to go there...

Doesn't sound like a mind changer. We shall see.

Come to TECH, Mr. Taylor. Again and again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

To be fair to the kid's dad, to commit without visiting does sound kind of strange. Maybe he's been here before unofficially or something, but I would think making a visit is the right thing to do. Perhaps his dad really does favor Ole Miss or maybe it's just wanting QT to be sure.

I really think we got a lock on this one. Hometown LB coach will seal the deal. Ole Miss just lost their LB coach due to a DUI.

Seems like a no-brainer to me, except for Pops. Mr Taylor should realize that this is the best education a scholarship can get you, while wearing a FB helmet in the South.

Go Jackets.

According to Rivals.com QT will sign with Ole Miss Tomorrow. I personally feel cheated on this one. Eventhough he wasn't on the Tech radar a week ago, from what I read last night, He was really jazzed up about becoming a jacket. Now he is just another woulda, coulda, shoulda recruit. I really liked this guy too. His videos were awesome. He appears to be quite a raw talent that with the proper coaching(CCG & BJM)could be really special.

Dad must not be too smart to have his kid give up a free ride at GT for one at Ol' Miss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I would not insult Taylor's father because we don't know his decision criteria. I think GT would have been a better choice, and I hope QT changes his mind after a good night sleep. If not, we wish him the best. Hope he still nails a few red and black bulldogs from Athens even at Ole Miss.

Not an insult. I call 'em as I see 'em. From what I read, dad appears to have one of his buddy's sons or something on Ol' Miss' team. Great basis for a decision. Don't worry about your kid's future. Make sure you pick somewhere where you can go to the game with your buddy.

In the world in which he will have to make his living someday:
Tech > Ol' Miss - no arguement.

Back