Any Q.Taylor updates?

Have any of y'all ever heard of a parent being so insistant on his/her child not going to a certain school? I just wish the decision fell was made by the person who is going to be living it for 4 to 5 years and not the person who is living his/her life through their kid.

Latest info seems to suggest he's more comfortable with MS due to former teammates on the squad and wider range of majors offered. Never heard what he was thinking about taking but we may not have it.

Cmon NCJ, you know if a kid spurns us that he is just stupid and would not have made it here anyway. Eventhough we offered a ship, when they do not accept, they are suddenly academically not qualified. On top of that their life will never have any chance of success with a college degree from somewhere else.

The coaches are paid to close the deal. They will have to win or lose coz of it.

Well, we did have Randolph Morris admit he went to Kentucky because he knew would have an easier time academically. I know the defeatest attitute of Tech fans makes you also want to snidly tear down our academic standing to make your point, but we are a better school than Mississippi and our graduates do earn top dollars among div 1 schools. Those are the facts.

Can only hope this post is SATURATED with sarcasism..b/c outside of that I fail to see any point to posting something so senseless...

[ QUOTE ]
...and our graduates do earn top dollars among div 1 schools. Those are the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please link proof of this fact? Thanks.

Sorry - I meant the part about our graduates earning top $$$ among D1 schools...

How about you look for it yourself.

I doubt there is a pretty link made especially for you. An intelligent person can look at the salaries out of GT by major and look up the number of students in each major. If you do the math there is no way big state schools can compete graduating 1000+ schoolteachers. The numbers don't work. If you want to propose a school that you think beats GT, I'll produce the GT number and you produce yours.

If you are trying to imply that GT SA's salaries will equate with some other Div 1 salaries you may have a leg to stand on. Duke, Cal, Stanford, Northwestern, Wake, UVA etc. could be in that league.

Re: How about you look for it yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt there is a pretty link made especially for you. An intelligent person can look at the salaries out of GT by major and look up the number of students in each major. If you do the math there is no way big state schools can compete graduating 1000+ schoolteachers. The numbers don't work. If you want to propose a school that you think beats GT, I'll produce the GT number and you produce yours.

If you are trying to imply that GT SA's salaries will equate with some other Div 1 salaries you may have a leg to stand on. Duke, Cal, Stanford, Northwestern, Wake, UVA etc. could be in that league.

[/ QUOTE ]

No - if he is going to claim he's giving us "facts" I want to see where they're coming from. Of course we're going to have higher STARTING salaries than other schools. Engineers are going to make more than liberal arts majors. I'm interested to see some long-term statistics, since that's what should really matter...

Re: How about you look for it yourself.

Oh well his loss...let us praise those who have made the right choice.

Good Luck Taylor....

Back