Any word from DRad or the AA?

gtnc72

Dodd-Like
I'm confident that DRad is talking to folks, and trying to negotiate the best deal for GT re: expansion. It just strikes me that things have been terribly quiet about all this. What's the Good Word from GT on all this? Are we in a wait and see mode either by design, or necessity based on our current position?

I'm praying that his previous place of employment will help his relations with the SEC

I'm praying that his previous place of employment will help his relations with the SEC

I had never even considered that we have a connection with LSU. I hope having recently played Mississippi State helps with some goodwill votes. I hope us falling on our sword over the Alabama reschedule was to get a vote. I hope UGA realizes that they free up an OOC game by having us in conference. I hope South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Auburn, and Florida realize it is pretty damn easy to get their fans to Atlanta and it can be done on the cheap. I hope the SEC realizes that we help its academic standing.

I had never even considered that we have a connection with LSU. I hope having recently played Mississippi State helps with some goodwill votes. I hope us falling on our sword over the Alabama reschedule was to get a vote. I hope UGA realizes that they free up an OOC game by having us in conference. I hope South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Auburn, and Florida realize it is pretty damn easy to get their fans to Atlanta and it can be done on the cheap. I hope the SEC realizes that we help its academic standing.

Don't forget that we gave them the Thrillerdome in order to give our in state rival a chance to win their tournament. That looks like a great move right about now.

Wait, I was at the Detroit airport a few hours ago, and you were gth. Fly to NY, drive a couple hours to my hotel, get on Stingtalk and you're somebody new? That's not allowed right now ;) If only we could change our usernames without losing post counts. I could correct the mistake that is mine.

I'm confident that DRad is talking to folks, and trying to negotiate the best deal for GT re: expansion. It just strikes me that things have been terribly quiet about all this. What's the Good Word from GT on all this? Are we in a wait and see mode either by design, or necessity based on our current position?

I'm sure DRad and Bud are keeping on top of this. They're not going to let us be caught off-guard here. However, they are not the type to run their mouths and leak all over the place like some of these ADs and presidents/chancellors. (Like anyone at the AJC would listen anyway if we wanted to leak something to them.) Bud may be a bit panicked about the ACC, since it's not controlled by the presidents/chancellors as much as he was used to in the Big 12. He hopefully also sees Swofford for what he is. Remember that CU is an AAU member, too, so Bud would have experience with the Big Integer presidents, too. I'm hoping it's those contacts and not any ties DRad has to LSU that help us out here. :fingersx:

I'm sure DRad and Bud are keeping on top of this. They're not going to let us be caught off-guard here. However, they are not the type to run their mouths and leak all over the place like some of these ADs and presidents/chancellors. (Like anyone at the AJC would listen anyway if we wanted to leak something to them.) Bud may be a bit panicked about the ACC, since it's not controlled by the presidents/chancellors as much as he was used to in the Big 12. He hopefully also sees Swofford for what he is. Remember that CU is an AAU member, too, so Bud would have experience with the Big Integer presidents, too. I'm hoping it's those contacts and not any ties DRad has to LSU that help us out here. :fingersx:

We probably won't hear much about what we're actually planning. Don't forget, the Al Groh hire and the stuff with St. Johns was kept under wraps until it was almost happening.

We probably won't hear much about what we're actually planning. Don't forget, the Al Groh hire and the stuff with St. Johns was kept under wraps until it was almost happening.

Or, in the case of St. John's, not happening.

:(

Wait, I was at the Detroit airport a few hours ago, and you were gth. Fly to NY, drive a couple hours to my hotel, get on Stingtalk and you're somebody new? That's not allowed right now ;) If only we could change our usernames without losing post counts. I could correct the mistake that is mine.

New screen name: Fighting_Irish_Jacket. Then people can stop confusing ND with half of the Dakota territory.

New screen name: Fighting_Irish_Jacket. Then people can stop confusing ND with half of the Dakota territory.

A guy in my fantasy baseball league has the team name Irish Dawgs, and yes it is that Irish.

If only we could change our usernames without losing post counts. I could correct the mistake that is mine.

So you like Gwen Stefani, what's the big deal? I say people leave you alone about your name.

Bud may be a bit panicked about the ACC, since it's not controlled by the presidents/chancellors as much as he was used to in the Big 12.

I don't think you could be more wrong in this statement. There's not a BCS conference more academic-centric than the ACC, and the last expansion was 100% in the hands of the presidents in the end, or else VPI wouldn't be in the league.

North Dakota! The Black Hills!

No! That's the other one! We've got half the Badlands. We do NOT have Mount Rushmore. Maybe I should start a North Dakota education thread in OT. That'd be a way to kill time in the off season, right? Oh, wait, we have expansion rumors for that right now. :D

I don't think you could be more wrong in this statement. There's not a BCS conference more academic-centric than the ACC, and the last expansion was 100% in the hands of the presidents in the end, or else VPI wouldn't be in the league.

Big-picture decisions like expansion will ultimately be voted on by the presidents. However, I've heard it straight from the top that ACC presidents meet twice per year and don't really do much policy-wise. It's the ADs and Faculty Athletic Reps. (One of Bud's first actions related to the GTAA was to ask Dan Schrage to step down as FAR. He put Sue Ann Allen in the position.) In the Big 12, the presidents are much more involved in setting policies and meet at least six times per year. If you're new to the league, there's room to be concerned that the FARs, ADs, and Swofford *cringe* are going to be in charge until the last minute.

Back