Any word on Uzzi yet?

SMoney

Dodd-Like
Any word on how the visit today went? When can we expect to hear an announcement?

The visit was as pretty good.from what ive heard its down to us and uva. With a choice coming in the next 24 to 48 hours. If i had to pick where he was going i would uva 51% gt 49%. I really think is a tough choice for him and he doesnt want to make a mistake. He is a great young man

According to a report yesterday in the AJC, Uzzi's coach expects him to announce soon. His coach says that he wouldn't be surprised to see Uzzi pick GT....then you read further into the article and says he wouldn't be shocked to hear him say uva ethier...So I am not certain he knows exactly what he'll say but thinks that GT has a slight edge
see article below:
Chamblee’s Uzzi courted by Tech and Virginia

By Jeff Hood
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 01/30/08
Coaches from Georgia Tech and Virginia used in-school visits on Wednesday to explain to Chamblee offensive lineman Omoregie Uzzi why he should commit to their programs.
“Tech came in the morning and Virginia came in the afternoon,” Chamblee coach Jim Showfety said. “It’s almost funny hearing these sales pitches.
“The guy from Virginia was down in my office and, I tried to stay out of it, but I could hear what he was saying. It’s like a guy trying to convince the girl to go to the prom with him.”
Showfety believes Uzzi will likely pull the trigger on a commitment by Thursday.
“I think it will happen in the next 24 hours,” Showfety said Wednesday evening. “My hunch is it will be Tech, but I won’t believe it until I see it and hear it.
“I think he’s kind of struggling with this. But either way wouldn’t surprise me. My gut feeling says Tech, but if he says Virginia I won’t be surprised. I think we’ll hear something by the end of Thursday.”
Uzzi has apparently eliminated Alabama from consideration.

Any word on how the visit today went? When can we expect to hear an announcement?
The longer this plays out , the more i think we may lose this recruit. I hope to hell i am wrong but, its not like GT is something new to this recruit. We could sure use some good news.

The longer this plays out , the more i think we may lose this recruit. I hope to hell i am wrong but, its not like GT is something new to this recruit. We could sure use some good news.

This is how I feel as well.....Sure would like to finish this years commit list with his name on it!!!

Virginia has a beautiful campus but not much else.

Except for constantly being ranked the #1 or #2 public school in the nation (we are at #6), and being founded by one of the greatest American thinkers ever to live.

Except for constantly being ranked the #1 or #2 public school in the nation (we are at #6), and being founded by one of the greatest American thinkers ever to live.

Like he said. Not much else.

UVA has Doffie Bigaloo and the Fallsbury Fop.

And [SIZE=-1]Auld Lang Syne.[/SIZE]

Alright sleuthers...it looks like the decision is public. Someone go find out ;) .

PS - I hope I'm wrong but my gut is telling me opposite of what my ears want to hear.

Whose rankings consistently put them at 1 or 2?

Whose rankings consistently put them at 1 or 2?

US News has UVA tied at #2 with Michigan and behind Berkeley. Of course, these rankings seem targeted to schools with high admission standards and easy curriculum, like Duke and UVA.

33 then you mind just sharing the rumor or would u rather wait?

not sure I understand. Read my post dated 4:05 pm. That is what I heard and that is all I know.

Again, its not someone who I trust enough to post as fact...so that is why I said can anyone confirm. right now I would put this at just a strong rumor.

Back