Anybody done the re-seating thing yet ?

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
If so - how did it go ?

Any unexpected surprises ?

Any advice for those going in the next week or so ?

I went yesterday to the lower west reseating. I got to improve my seats by moving from the south of 104 to the north side of 104. About the same number of rows from the field. I was a little surprised that the choice 106, 107, and 105 seats were already mostly all gone. But all in all, I was pretty pleased. I dear hear some folks griping that they were actually not going to be able to get as good of seats as they previously had. It doesn't take long at all to do the process when it is your time though.

Bottom line: the little guy gets trampled, as usual and nobody gives a damn, other than to have us as a source of amusement. Low point fans will be in the new north stands with all the dawgs and tigers.

MsTech:

Unfortunately, I don't go until Tuesday, the 13th.

From reading the Hive, I'm kind of surprised, as it looks like a LOT of good seats are taken...I've been on the second row in the Upper east for over 12 years, and during that time I have increased donations considerably...I am starting to think that I'm going to be disappointed next week....

When do you go ?

Hey Fatjacket

Is there actually a time limit on picking the seats ?

and....Where did you first go when you arrived ?

Do you mean once you get there? Once you get there there really isn't a time limit that I know of for picking your seats. But at the same time there are 3 or 4 others who are picking out theirs at the same time. Luckily, they were looking at sections other than mine I guess. Once your name is called to select you will get the assistance of a helper who will help you and mark what you select orange on the board signifying that it's no longer available. They can offer advice if you have questions as well.
I was instructed per my letter to go to the West Stands North entrance and follow the signs to the reseating location. If you are a West seater, I assume you will do the same. Good luck and I hope this helps.

hmmm....thanks for that...

My letter didn't say that, but I haven't been in the west stands since the mid-80's...

I'll go back and look, but I don't think my letter specified.

JB, there will plenty of seats - don't worry about that. Remember, we are adding about 12,000 seats over last year. Also, the AA is limiting people more in this reseating in terms of how many seats they can have sitting together, so I bet the total avg # of season tickets per season ticket holder is down somewhat.

The real problem is the lower east exodus caused by the enhanced seating. Due to the extra cost associated with holding the seats, even with the grandfather clause, most people who were in those seats are chosing to move elsewhere.

So we've got a limit on "good seats" that we really didn't have before.

At worst, your seats will be in the Noth endzone. That endzone will be *much* closer to the action than, say the Sanford endzones. All the seats at BDS are better than their comparative locations at almost any other stadium.

I have been an Upper East-ophile for the past 10 years, and I love my seats and the rowdiness of my section. With everything I'm hearing, I'm preparing to find out that my measly 140 points won't keep me in my beloved seats any longer.
frown.gif

But I will deal with it - I won't desert my team. Life is about change, and I will find new acquantences (sp?) and memories in any of the seats I inhabit.

If possible, can someone take snapshots of the stadium expansion while they're there and post for those of us out of town?

They would be GREATLY appreciated,
JJ

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
If so - how did it go ?

Any unexpected surprises ?

Any advice for those going in the next week or so ?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">GR: Curious ... did you get what you wanted?

Originally posted by TIAR,B:
JB, there will plenty of seats - don't worry about that. Remember, we are adding about 12,000 seats over last year. Also, the AA is limiting people more in this reseating in terms of how many seats they can have sitting together, so I bet the total avg # of season tickets per season ticket holder is down somewhat.

The real problem is the lower east exodus caused by the enhanced seating. Due to the extra cost associated with holding the seats, even with the grandfather clause, most people who were in those seats are chosing to move elsewhere.

So we've got a limit on "good seats" that we really didn't have before.

At worst, your seats will be in the Noth endzone. That endzone will be *much* closer to the action than, say the Sanford endzones. All the seats at BDS are better than their comparative locations at almost any other stadium.

I have been an Upper East-ophile for the past 10 years, and I love my seats and the rowdiness of my section. With everything I'm hearing, I'm preparing to find out that my measly 140 points won't keep me in my beloved seats any longer.
frown.gif

But I will deal with it - I won't desert my team. Life is about change, and I will find new acquantences (sp?) and memories in any of the seats I inhabit.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's nice, maybe later in the season you can tell us about the good time you had sitting surrounded by dawgs and tigers at home - a comparative analysis on the relative merits of sitting with the oppostion.

Check out Goldtimers pics from the 7th.

It looks like I've allready lost my upper east seats and its only mid-week..

I can't recall how many pts I have, but I've had season tics for ~ 20 years, and have contributed pretty well over those years...

I HAVE to think that the situation of moving people out of the lower east (ie "enhanced seating" or whatever its called ) has effectively moved all of those people out from lower east to other seats....IF (I repeat, IF) this is the case, then it completely S**KS IMO......

Why does the AA make it SO hard to be a Tech fan ??????????????

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
Check out Goldtimers pics from the 7th.

It looks like I've allready lost my upper east seats and its only mid-week..

I can't recall how many pts I have, but I've had season tics for ~ 20 years, and have contributed pretty well over those years...

I HAVE to think that the situation of moving people out of the lower east (ie "enhanced seating" or whatever its called ) has effectively moved all of those people out from lower east to other seats....IF (I repeat, IF) this is the case, then it completely S**KS IMO......

Why does the AA make it SO hard to be a Tech fan ??????????????
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gold Rush:
Needless-to-say, after reading these posts I'm beginning to think my seats from the last 10 years WON'T EVEN BE AVAILABLE - Uppereast 223, row 6!!! Been a season tix holder 29 years and this section for 10 of them.

I don't go until May 22nd at 10:45am!!!! I was looking to stay in that area but move down a few rows. I will be very disappointed if I can't at least get me same seats back!!!
mad.gif

I might have to take a look at the upper north...sigh.....

Anybody been in the upper west with the new configuration of the stadium ?

If so, are the seats any better up there than before the field was moved ? (might have to look there as well.....)

Back