Anybody else a little dissapointed.....

gtmg

Varsity Lurker
Maybe I am the only one but when I look at the candidate pool, I would really be disappointed if Drad picked Muschamp as the Coach.

I will fully admit that Muschamp will be a fine head coach one day but.....he was the weakest of our candidates IMHO. Regardless of what some say he is the ultimate Dawg. This is a guy who walked on and became captain. Come on guys this guy bleeds red and black. You know when the game was on this year who he was hoping would win. He is also the least experienced of the candidates. He was a solid candidate who has proven he can run a very good defense with top athletes and he recruits well. Though I would support the hire I would honestly not be that happy.

Lets look at three other candidates now, RN, PJ and CH. All are proven winners as a HEAD coach. All run offenses that score lots of points. All have proven they embrace tradition where they coach. They all understand the importance of rivalry games and win them. These are plug and play guys for our program. They all would win here. I understand the each has a weakness but look at the candidate pool. It is strong and we should thank Drad for that. These candidates are all superior in my mind to Muschamp.

Now lets look at JT. Why would you hire Muschamp over JT. For all intents and purposes they are the same candidate. Each has strengths and weaknesses but JT being here and understanding our program far outweighs any intangibles Muschamp would have brought. Trust me JT is better in front of the camera than many think and can recruit just fine. He is gruff and demanding. Reminds you of a couple of other coaches Tech has had recently, Ross and Oleary.

We will end up with an improved situation at the Flats regardless of who is hired. These are exciting times.

Interesting post. I like your JT/WM comparison. it makes sense. I do not have a problem with an ex-mutt but you have convinced me JT would be a better hire for other reasons.

I disagree on RN. He will bring us more shame than O'Liar did.

Personally I have been a PJ man from the start.

Maybe I am the only one but when I look at the candidate pool, I would really be disappointed if Drad picked Muschamp as the Coach.

I will fully admit that Muschamp will be a fine head coach one day but.....he was the weakest of our candidates IMHO. Regardless of what some say he is the ultimate Dawg. This is a guy who walked on and became captain. Come on guys this guy bleeds red and black. You know when the game was on this year who he was hoping would win. He is also the least experienced of the candidates. He was a solid candidate who has proven he can run a very good defense with top athletes and he recruits well. Though I would support the hire I would honestly not be that happy.

Lets look at three other candidates now, RN, PJ and CH. All are proven winners as a HEAD coach. All run offenses that score lots of points. All have proven they embrace tradition where they coach. They all understand the importance of rivalry games and win them. These are plug and play guys for our program. They all would win here. I understand the each has a weakness but look at the candidate pool. It is strong and we should thank Drad for that. These candidates are all superior in my mind to Muschamp.

Now lets look at JT. Why would you hire Muschamp over JT. For all intents and purposes they are the same candidate. Each has strengths and weaknesses but JT being here and understanding our program far outweighs any intangibles Muschamp would have brought. Trust me JT is better in front of the camera than many think and can recruit just fine. He is gruff and demanding. Reminds you of a couple of other coaches Tech has had recently, Ross and Oleary.

We will end up with an improved situation at the Flats regardless of who is hired. These are exciting times.

I agree! :biggthumpup:

JT may very well be our fallback to candidate, if this

Zoo of a search continues a couple of more days.

This happened to Miami last year. It fell back into Shannon's lap. Although, imho Tenuta would be a better coach than Shannon.

I liked Jon's interview with Bill Hartman Sunday Night. It is apparent that he is well liked through out college football.

Back