Anybody else concerned about rule changes?

JTS

Jolly Good Fellow
First off, why in the world did they make these changes in the first place? I don't recall there being any outcry from the fans, coaches, or players over the extra 15 minutes. I wonder how many last minute chances to win a game won't happen because of these rules nobody wanted in the first place.

I am also concerned about how this will effect our Yellow Jackets. Let's face it game management hasn't been a strength for our offensive staff and these new rules make it even more critical to get the play and substitutions in the game quickly.

On the flip side, the change should benefit defenses by keeping the play total down and giving the offense less time to assess the defense.

What do you think?

JTS said:
First off, why in the world did they make these changes in the first place? I don't recall there being any outcry from the fans, coaches, or players over the extra 15 minutes. I wonder how many last minute chances to win a game won't happen because of these rules nobody wanted in the first place.

I am also concerned about how this will effect our Yellow Jackets. Let's face it game management hasn't been a strength for our offensive staff and these new rules make it even more critical to get the play and substitutions in the game quickly.

On the flip side, the change should benefit defenses by keeping the play total down and giving the offense less time to assess the defense.

What do you think?

Frankly I think these new rules suck ass. :mad: :mad: :mad: There was absolutely no reason for a rule change. From what I'm hearing the coaches all voted against the new rules but the rules committee slipped them through anyway. They are trying to be like the NFL. I am tired of college football trying to be like the NFL. All of the greatest last second plays in college football history would have never happened if they played under these new rules. Although, there is one positive aspect: it favors the underdog, which means well for us against ND, scUM, VPIss, and UGAy.

Coaches DO want to decrease the length of the games, but the effects the changes will have are insignificant when compared to how long the dang commercial breaks are on TV games!

I don't really like the changes, but the only real impact I think we'll see is on turnovers. Teams will have to be organized on the sideline and get on the field quickly to get that first play off. I'm not sure really if it will hurt the offense more or the D to be honest. Both squads will have to get out there right away. The kickoff thing really won't matter 99% of the time IMO.

Back