Anybody else see some great seasons coming up for Tech?

TechinItEasy

Dodd-Like
Assuming we get a decent coach who can develop the massive amount of high school talent that's headed our way?

let's hope we don't lose too many of them over this!

Go Jackets!

I am prepared for a "sub-Chan" performance next year, i.e. worse than 7-5. But I think that would be the case regardless of who the coach will be next year. Who knows though. The next HC will have a few years until I come up w/ a verdict.

I see two sub 7-5 seasons, then maybe a 8 or 9 win season, then it depends on how the new guy recruits.

As ever, I am optimistic.

As ever, there's not a lot of rational reason to be at this point.

I am prepared for a "sub-Chan" performance next year, i.e. worse than 7-5. But I think that would be the case regardless of who the coach will be next year. Who knows though. The next HC will have a few years until I come up w/ a verdict.

I am with you. I don't see us being very good no matter who is coach that + our schedule.

So...I am fine with that...but I expect improvement over the year and over the years.

The new coach will probably clean out some of the guys that are here and some will leave on their on. Traditionally, Tech has stumbled the first couple of years after transition. We will see as the players buy into his system. I just want improvement from the start of the season to the finish. The wins will eventually come.

Next yr will be a down yr for ANYONE and it could be a 4-8 type.After that who knows.That what a new coach brings- HOPE.

No, then again I am a pessimistist. I still think no. we will not go 7-5 again for another 3 years

The only reason we would not win is if the recruiting classes were not as strong as some want to think they are on here. Gailey should have won more games the first two years he was here with the talent he had. My guess is we will be down because the cupboard is not stocked that great.

I don't see any reason for them to not maintain the CG equilibrium at worst. We just had one of our best recruiting classes last year and if DRad is going to "energize" the fan base, he's got to come up with a guy that can either pickup where recruiting left off this year or coach the hell out of what we have. And considering that everyone is pretty much convinced that Chan was holding these guys back, a solid coach shouldn't have a problem.

Then there's the schedule -

Jax St., Miss. St., Army replacement (likely a creampuff), Duke, UNC, Miami.

F$U, UVA, Clempsin

U(sic)GA, VPISU, BC

7 wins is not a stretch.

If we get Chris Petersen we go undefeated against that schedule. We beat UGAy on the last play on a naked bootleg - into a hook and ladder.

What's wrong with you guys? When O'leary started he turned things around immediately. You should expect 9 wins minimum.

What's wrong with you guys? When O'leary started he turned things around immediately. You should expect 9 wins minimum.

i agree. we should expect nothing more next season than at least 8-9 wins, along with a respectable bowl game. a victory over ugay would be nice too. i have hope for the future of this team. it will be impossible not to have at least one 10 or 11 win season in the next 5 years if we actually have someone competent at coaching football and who wants to win.

We have a lot of raw tanlent, but the player turnout at the O-Line and secondary will be difficult to overcome. I can only see us winning big if we run an option read system with Nesbitt and if he makes significant improvements in accuracy and vision.

I expect a national championship next year and not one of those one-loss kinds either. I want a perfect 14-0 season. Anything else would be a continuation of Chan's legacy of mediocrity.

The new coach will probably clean out some of the guys that are here and some will leave on their on. Traditionally, Tech has stumbled the first couple of years after transition. We will see as the players buy into his system. I just want improvement from the start of the season to the finish. The wins will eventually come.
Well, we didn't stumble when O'Leary came in and I don't know if you can describe Gailey's first year as a stumble. I think we're just conditioned to expect the worst. I don't see any reason why we can't win at least 7 next year with the right coach who can connect with the players.

Back