Anybody else thinks Ralph Friedgen

just wants out of Maryland? :wow:

Yeah, that's been known for sometime. I won't swear by this info, but as I understand it from some people that would know and are friends with the Friedgen's, he was really really upset with the way he was treated by the fans and alumni about 4 years ago, and after that, he just didn't want to be there.

I also understand that when Gailey was fired, Friedgen indirectly inquired about the possibility of becoming our coach.

Again, wouldn't swear by this info, but it came from some pretty reliable established people.

He is good friends with Beamer. My worst nightmare is him getting fired at UMd and then becoming the OC at VPISU.

Maryland should have become a power by now considering their success earlier in the decade. Considering the talent in VA/MD/NJ, they could have easily sustained the success with good recruiting.

And what about Jimbo Fisher? It's no secret that he's really running things down in Tally as Bobby staves off the nursing home and I've never seen more uneven effort by a team from game to game. I have to say I'm glad that he's not our coach, which looked extremely likely if the Dolphins picked Chan.

just wants out of Maryland? :wow:

Can't he like 'quit' (of course it looks like he already has) Maybe there is a contractual reason why he hasn't? It just seems like he is wrecking his career going down like this.

He is good friends with Beamer. My worst nightmare is him getting fired at UMd and then becoming the OC at VPISU.

That's what I'm wondering. Not whether or not he has a future at Maryland but where does he go? College OC? Ole buddy? O'Leary? NFL? Surely not another HC gig (my guess). And who does UM look at as his replacement?

Friedgen was the OC for San Diego when they went to the Super Bowl.

Can't he like 'quit' (of course it looks like he already has) Maybe there is a contractual reason why he hasn't? It just seems like he is wrecking his career going down like this.

two words -- Under Armour

If he quits, they stop paying him. If they fire him, they owe him what is left on his contract. What would you do?

he was really really upset with the way he was treated by the fans and alumni about 4 years ago, and after that, he just didn't want to be there.

What a candyass crybaby. Hell, even Gailey was tougher than that.

I like Ralph's playcalling. Great OC, one of the best in my mind. If he leaves MD and becomes an OC again, I just pray that it is not at a school on our schedule.

If he quits, they stop paying him. If they fire him, they owe him what is left on his contract. What would you do?

No offense, but that is a ****ty-ass way of doing business. I'm sure he's an x's and o's genius, but the more I hear about him, the less respect I have.

I'm just baffled that he could never get a good QB to Maryland to run his O--especially after the 1st 3 years where they won like 9 or 10 games each year.

Maryland is putrid and Ralph's gone. Like others have said, hope that he doesn't end up at VT.

No offense, but that is a ****ty-ass way of doing business. I'm sure he's an x's and o's genius, but the more I hear about him, the less respect I have.

Right. You'd quit with millions of dollars on the line. I'm sure.

Guess I'm old-fashioned then. If he's really trying to play a game with Maryland, walking the line between getting fired with cause and getting fired while earning the rest of his contract, then that's unethical and dishonest. I'm sure the Enron guys also had millions on the line...

Not that this is anywhere near what Enron did, but the same principal applies.

I'm just baffled that he could never get a good QB to Maryland to run his O--especially after the 1st 3 years where they won like 9 or 10 games each year.

Maryland is putrid and Ralph's gone. Like others have said, hope that he doesn't end up at VT.

He's an asshole and who would want to play for that fat piece of ****? Fat slob can't recruit, he insults everybody within an earshot. Guy thinks he's entitled. **** him.

Honestly, if you're that fat and don't care about yourself....how in the hell would others expect you to care about them?

Other than that...yes...he wants out. He also wanted some guy's job named CPJ last year.

Just one of the many reasons Maryland sucks donkey balls this year.

He's an asshole and who would want to play for that fat piece of ****? Fat slob can't recruit, he insults everybody within an earshot. Guy thinks he's entitled. **** him.

Glad to hear you're not the only former player with that mindset.

Neighbor of mind used to play for him under the Fridge/O'Leary regime...Said one day he flipped his lid at the fat fridge and called him a "Fat Piece Of Sh** and he could shove the playbook up his ***)

Back