Anybody else watching 30 for 30 on M. Dupree?

The Two Escobars was sensational. I don't know anyone who did not love that one. The Allen Iverson one was also great. I think Run Ricky Run takes the cake though. That piece completely changed my view of Ricky Williams as a person and a football player.

story wise--i think the dupree on was the weakest....

The glasses and jheri curl made up for it. I'm bringing that style back as soon as I build up the courage.

Seriously though, I'm too young to really remember his story but have always heard whispers about how great he was. That's what made it interesting for me.

Not for someone my age who was unfamiliar with the story before now.

Same here. Watching his game film was like seeing something from another dimension. It was like he existed outside of this world. The whole story was heartbreaking. It really shows just how ugly the process can be. I mean, Dupree had all kinds of people in his ear. So tough on an 18-year-old kid, coming from absolutely nothing, when the people he should have been able to depend on to have his best interest at heart were just looking out for themselves. Probably why I have some sympathy for Cam Newton (speaking of which, so weird how relevant that 30 for 30 was, coming out right at this moment in the Newton saga).

Probably why I have some sympathy for Cam Newton (speaking of which, so weird how relevant that 30 for 30 was, coming out right at this moment in the Newton saga).

When's the one on SMU & the Pony Express coming on? Or did I miss it?

Now that would be a timely one to put out.

Back