Anybody just feel Numb?

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
After losing to UGA and Iowa last year I wanted to drink it away...and I did.

But this year with all the LOSING I am just feeling numb. Like, "Oh look, another beatdown".

Now I'll have to depend on Auburn thumping UGA to make it better.

It's weird. I got sooo pissed last year after losing, but now, I am not that phased by it.

I am on going to mix painkillers with alcohol. I hope it works.

Not really. If you have been following Tech since the late 70's like me, this is a regression to the mean.

Well, I am still phased by it, but yes, I feel numb.

PJ needs some leaders, verbal leaders on the field and on the sidelines.

He also needs some defensive talent, especially on the DL and LB corps.

Lastly, he needs some WR's and OL's, but I am not sure we will ever get any top notch WR's.

Well, I am still phased by it, but yes, I feel numb.

PJ needs some leaders, verbal leaders on the field and on the sidelines.

He also needs some defensive talent, especially on the DL and LB corps.

Lastly, he needs some WR's and OL's, but I am not sure we will ever get any top notch WR's.

Wasn't this a big day for us recruit visit-wise? If so, sorry they had to see that.

Wasn't this a big day for us recruit visit-wise? If so, sorry they had to see that.

I am pretty sure I heard somewhere that there were supposed to be a lot of recruits here.

I don't know who though. No doubt this was the worst possible thing for recruiting.

I hope Vad wasn't here for this loss as well.

I am pretty sure I heard somewhere that there were supposed to be a lot of recruits here.

I don't know who though. No doubt this was the worst possible thing for recruiting.

I hope Vad wasn't here for this loss as well.

I don't think Vad will waiver on his commitment, but how will we ever get any other big-time commitments with efforts like today, I have no idea!!!

I don't think Vad will waiver on his commitment, but how will we ever get any other big-time commitments with efforts like today, I have no idea!!!

We won't. I am sure there were many recruits on hand and we just made them turn away.

35-10 stomping at home, stands emptying out end of the 3rd quarter.

Terrible. Absolutely terrible for recruiting.

We won't. Today was the last home game so I am sure there were many recruits on hand and we just made them turn away.

Isn't Duke at home next week? But I understand what you mean, I think he was supposed to be here today, others who might be on the fence could not have been impressed. Wow, 3 in a row, did not think that would happen going into this year.

Isn't Duke at home next week? But I understand what you mean, I think he was supposed to be here today, others who might be on the fence could not have been impressed. Wow, 3 in a row, did not think that would happen going into this year.

Right my bad. Forgot.

Yikes, you're right.

3 in a row. **** that sounds bad.

You're late to the party. I was numb after Kansas. We're not a good football team.

I actually got my first twinge at the Wake Forest game.

When we were losing in the 4th quarter after they scored, I was just like meh, and I went and did something else.

Came back and we were winning and still I had no reaction. I wasn't excited because we should have waxed them and it took a late TD to win.

When we were losing in the 4th quarter after they scored, I was just like meh, and I went and did something else.

Came back and we were winning and still I had no reaction. I wasn't excited because we should have waxed them and it took a late TD to win.

Me too.

I've seen people say things like this before, can someone explain this? How can you bare to not know what's going on in a Tech game? Even years ago when we were getting trounced by Duke and I had to listen to it on the radio, I still didn't get up and miss a single second of the game.

I get the whole "numbness" thing in a sense, but being able to just get up and walk away during a game and come back later? That's craziness that I just don't have in me.

We won't. I am sure there were many recruits on hand and we just made them turn away.

I remember the year we almost signed Jon Dwyer, Derrick Morgan, Morgan Burnett, and Joshua Nesbitt, only to lose them after they saw a beat down under Chan Gailey. No quality talent will ever sign with Tech, now.

Back