Anybody just feel Numb?

I remember the year we almost signed Jon Dwyer, Derrick Morgan, Morgan Burnett, and Joshua Nesbitt, only to lose them after they saw a beat down under Chan Gailey. No quality talent will ever sign with Tech, now.

Remember how we were trying to sign Joe Hamilton but the disastrous 1994 season caused him to sign with Nebraska?

Why do you think our fight song discusses drinking whiskey clear and a barrel of rum? Christ people, feeling numb is what it is to be a GT fan. Get used to it.

And the losing all our recruits comment was ****ing stupid. If that happened after every big loss we'd have to shut down the football program years ago. Think before you speak.

I don't know if I would say numb, but I don't get upset at losses this year ever since NC State, when I first thought we just weren't going to have a good year. It's a lot easier to stand the losses when they're not unexpected, as opposed to the types of losses we had last year.

Other teams lose games too and still recruit players. You folks act like GT is the only team that lost yesterday with recruits in the stands.

BTW, Chan never lost three regular season games in a row. When does the aura of Paul Johnson wear off and we start laying the wood to him? It seems that most folks seem to buy the idea that the players just aren't here to execute CPJ's grand plan. The way I see it, CPJ tries to cram a square peg in a round hole with his players. There are no alternatives. If his option doesn't work against someone to begin with, we are generally toast.

Other teams lose games too and still recruit players. You folks act like GT is the only team that lost yesterday with recruits in the stands.

BTW, Chan never lost three regular season games in a row. When does the aura of Paul Johnson wear off and we start laying the wood to him? It seems that most folks seem to buy the idea that the players just aren't here to execute CPJ's grand plan. The way I see it, CPJ tries to cram a square peg in a round hole with his players. There are no alternatives. If his option doesn't work against someone to begin with, we are generally toast.
Georgia, Wake, West Virginia in 2006---but I get your point. Last year's success has given CPJ a teflon coating. No one can bring themselves to think about the unthinkable yet. If the losing continues the criticism will be deafening.

You're late to the party. I was numb after Kansas. We're not a good football team.

Ditto! I keep having to remind myself that Gailey is gone and CPJ should be producing annual records > 7-5. You know things are bad when you resort to watching Auburn football out of sheer frustration. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm not really getting super pissed or having sleepless nights over our losses this year - they're kind of just rolling off my back. "Numb" is a good way to describe it, and I can't remember feeling this way about Tech football, at least since I really became a hardcore fan during the Joe Ham era.

In some ways it's a coping mechanism, because it became evident early on that we weren't very good this year and were going to be losing a good bit. We're a 3-4 win team that got lucky against Carolina (with their suspensions) and Wake (with their defense folding like a tent late).

JRjr

Georgia, Wake, West Virginia in 2006---but I get your point. Last year's success has given CPJ a teflon coating. No one can bring themselves to think about the unthinkable yet. If the losing continues the criticism will be deafening.

I said regular season games. West Virginia was a bowl game. In fact, we have not lost 3 regular season games since 1997 - and that was actually a good year that we were within a few points of winning two of the games. We are just a bad team.

I think the 2002 team would beat us right now - badly.

The teflon needs to be peeled off of CPJ. This board skewered Gailey from almost the day he was hired. Now, it should be CPJ's turn for some butthurt.

Ok.

I think I was misunderstood.

I didn't mean to imply in some way that we lost all of our recruits that's stupid talk.

However, it can't be a good thing. It's not that we lost, it's the way we got BLOWN OUT and our "fans" leaving to start the 4th quarter. By the end of the game nobody but Miami fans were in the stands (exaggeration).

Someone on the other board said he saw recruits leaving after the 3rd quarter.

Not exactly good news.

I said regular season games. West Virginia was a bowl game. In fact, we have not lost 3 regular season games since 1997 - and that was actually a good year that we were within a few points of winning two of the games. We are just a bad team.

I think the 2002 team would beat us right now - badly.

The teflon needs to be peeled off of CPJ. This board skewered Gailey from almost the day he was hired. Now, it should be CPJ's turn for some butthurt.

I expect CPJ is hurting quite a bit right now, and that is good. What is it that you want him to do? This team has mental focus problems, how does one fix those type of things?

Back