Anybody need a(nother) job?

I didn't know "zero buyout" was a thing...
CPJ doesn't have too much buyout (because we are all happy with him).

The new contract differs from the previous deal in that Johnson will not be paid the full value of the contract if he is fired. He would receive the full remaining value of the 2015, 2016 and 2017 seasons, if terminated before then, but the buyout would be reduced to $1 million per season for the final three years. The contract also stipulates a $750,000 buyout if Johnson leaves to take a head coaching job with another FBS team.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/johnson-extension-worth-million-annually/9iLNP6xEdZeZ9zmgGcJ7cI/

"Coaching is not about the mighty dollar. It is about teaching and putting young men in a position to succeed on and off the field.

Success is measured in dollars

My guess, Oregon St has grounds for dismissal with cause, but they reached an agreement to keep it quiet. No way he just walks on 11.6m because he's a good guy.

Last edited:
My guess, Oregon St has grounds for dismissal with cause, but they reached an agreement to keep it quiet. No way he just walks away from 11.6m because he's a good guy.
Live boy or dead girl is the phrase

TStan hire?
Previous OSU AD hired Andersen, and quit the following summer.

Stansbury was part of the OSU staff, but not the AD at the time. For what's it's worth, this seemed like a good hire at the time.

I don't think I would like the state of Oregon, plus I imagine the chicks there don't shave.

Previous OSU AD hired Andersen, and quit the following summer.

Stansbury was part of the OSU staff, but not the AD at the time. For what's it's worth, this seemed like a good hire at the time.
Stansbury was AD at UCF at the time. He left OSU in 2012 to take that job and didn't come back until June 2015.

Back