Anybody notice.......

Good Point JD,
I've been hearing the same stuff for the last year or two from the UGA folks. Guess we just need to start kicking tail and earn some respect.

I get a kick out of those people who say ga/fla is a bigger rival, what the hell they won 2 times in like 15 years.

Sad but true. Too many of the "pundits" that are being circulated on the national airwaves are just kids. I suppose ESPN thinks it makes for good television but personally I can't hardly watch that crap. It's so sophmoric and these guys either don't know what they're talking about or should be ashamed of what they're saying.

LOL, this is the year for this old GT fan to be educated. I am learning words and phrases never heard before. The word "OUTSOURCE" has become a political world of itself. "BLOG" became a heavily used word over the last year or so, so I did my studying to learn what a blog is. Now the "PUNDIT" is getting kicked around a good bit. Someone please tell me what a pundit is.

Yeah, funny thing . . .

The other day on sports radio here in Atlanta, some shmoe was naming all the tough rivalry games Georgia has (UT, UF, Auburn) and left us off the list. Then today around 5 PM, I heard Buck Belue on 680 talking about how he heard the dawgs are down and dragging butt because they can't win the SEC, let alone a NC, and how everyone is so afraid TECH will sneak up and beat them (lions and tigers and bears, oh my!). He gave the biggest pep speech I've ever heard him give on radio, and you don't know when to take him seriously, but it sounded like he was for once. I think we are a BIGGER rival to the Dawgs because they don't want to let on that we are. Some of it's disdain, but some of it is that it actually bugs them worst of all to lose to us.

Being #2 in Georgia should be unacceptable

for either Tech or Georgia every year, without exception.

I don't care to listen to the media anymore when they rank rivalries. Mainly because they always put Michigan/Ohio State up top everytime, never have the most hateful rivalry ranked, always have Auburn/Alabama ranked like 6th or 7th and then put something about Notre Dame up at the top like the entire country cares about the Irish.

When they start putting the right rivalries up top, then we'll talk.

[ QUOTE ]
That Fox Sports on the web picked their top 10 rivalries and GT/UGAG didn't make it but UGAG/UF did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen this over the years, too, and it has bothered me.

As far as the gag fans on their hatred of us, its there believe it. All you have to do is go to the cesspool next week to experience the pure hatred they have for TECH. As said here many times, leave your less than strong women and children at home. Maybe they don't talk it up much before game day, because they think it bothers us that they don't.
Fact is, they hate us more than anyone on their schedule. Good!! I wouldn't want it any other way.

Here's a guarantee: Any ugag coach that doesn't consistently beat Tech will get fired. Even the Righteous one. Not that they care, or anything.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care to listen to the media anymore when they rank rivalries. Mainly because they always put Michigan/Ohio State up top everytime,

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it. ABC has decided to treat us "Southerners" to the OSU/Meeshigan game in lieu of my rightful TECH broadcast and I'm a little po'ed about it. Make no mistake Nashville ain't far enough South.

Guess I'll have to endure another Wes and Noter broadcast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

THWUVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back