Anybody Think CJ Will Come Back Next Year?

B

beej1953

If I were in CJ's position, I'd be thinking about filing for the draft after this year. Consider the alternatives - Why not go now and play for a mediocre NFL team and make $5 MM+ a year (he's got to be a top 10-15 pick, even now) versus coming back another year or two with RB throwing and being double or triple-teamed?

We know how this has hurt us in hoops (Anderson, Marbury, Bosh, JJ) - Hope it doesn't carry over to FB....

He can't leave until after next year (per NFL rules), and he has even said that he is sticking around through his senior year. We'll see if he actually does (it would be hard to pass up that kind of money), though.

It's a real possibility, but I think if we get a new offensive coordinator who is Al Borges like and can sell a high power offense to CJ along with a more mature and physical O-Line as well as a Senior QB in Reggie there's a shot he might stay. For this to happen Chan must at least give up his OC duties and I don't see this happening.

[ QUOTE ]
He can't leave until after next year (per NFL rules), and he has even said that he is sticking around through his senior year. We'll see if he actually does (it would be hard to pass up that kind of money), though.

[/ QUOTE ]CORRECT thank goodness seriously doubt him staying thru sr yr though would you with this type crap goin down TECH IS CURSED INTO MEDIOCRITY

Well he could leave anytime he wants, and if in fact someone threw anything at the players after the game, I would.

I say he's gone after his Jr. year. He's already proved what he can do.

Maybe at the next level he will have a QB who can hit him in stride with a pass so he can run after the catch. Instead of having to make acrobatic circus catches.

Sorry to pick on RB, but it is just so frustrating. Something has got to give at the QB spot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Back