Anyone been paying attention to Baylor this year?

yes that clearly makes these two teams equivalent:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2747/

and

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2210/

Not to mention, he suggested that Elon was equivalent not just to Wofford, but also to Buffalo, Louisiana Monroe, and West Virginia.

I don't see much difference between Wofford and Elon for any top 25 FBS team really. The two teams played and it was a very close game, plus the only other game vs. a common opponent was also close for both teams (WCU). I'd still say they are about equal.

Now, Elon is definitely not equal to those FBS teams (even though none of them are really all that great).

I don't see much difference between Wofford and Elon for any top 25 FBS team really.
looks like it's time for some red herrings

The two teams played and it was a very close game, plus the only other game vs. a common opponent was also close for both teams (WCU). I'd still say they are about equal.
ok

Wofford has App. State, Chatt. and Furman remaining, Elon went 1-2 against those, do you think Wofford goes 1-2 as well?

also, Elon has Citadel, Southern and Samford remaining, Wafford went 2-1 against those, do you think Elon goes 2-1 as well?

I mean they are about equal, right?

Here is my bet: Wofford does better than Elon against common opponents. Even if we exclude the 1 win Wofford has already against common opponents.

also, Elon has Citadel, Southern and Samford remaining, Wafford went 2-1 against those, do you think Elon goes 2-1 as well?

I have no clue, I don't watch FCS football. Obviously Wofford has a better record than Elon, but Elon played WCU and Wofford both very close. Let's revisit it in a few more weeks and see what ends up happening. I still think Wofford and Elon are pretty similar.

Just saying that the difference between Wofford and Elon for a team like Baylor (or even GT really) is nil.

looks like it's time for some red herrings

ok

Wofford has App. State, Chatt. and Furman remaining, Elon went 1-2 against those, do you think Wofford goes 1-2 as well?

I mean they are about equal, right?

Here is my bet: Wofford does better than Elon against common opponents. Even if we exclude the 1 win Wofford has already against common opponents.

Are you serious? Is this a for real argument? Both are lower division and both suck.

I don't understand the fascination with Baylor/Briles, and those numbers up there are why. He rode a once-in-a-generation QB to a 10-win season. Otherwise, what has he done?

Granted, this season isn't over yet, but it's my feeling that Baylor would be crushed by Oregon, FSU, several SEC teams, etc.

They're 8-0 and #6 in the BCS right now and will climb even higher since Oregon lost last night. When was the last time we were in the top 25, let alone the top 10?

I'm probably not one of the "you guys" this argument is addressing. I tend to freak out a little less than many on here. I suspect after this season ends 8-4 I'll be one of maybe 5 fonts not calling for CPJ's head.

Just commenting on the discussion is all.

What about when we finish the season 7-6...will you be calling for CPJ's head then?

Back