Anyone catch A Blank's news conference?

Mark this **** down. Mark what I'm about to say down. Here it is:

Petrino will have some decent level of success at Arkansas and when Notre Dame gets rid of Charlie Weis, Petrino will at the very least try to bolt for the Irish.

With all due respect, with the exception of the Rooney family in Pittsburgh and the McCaskey's in Chicago, what team isn't owned by someone who's both financially successful outside of the game and has a bit of personal ego going for them? The two preceding owners both inherited teams with great traditions, but neither had made their money anywhere but with their respective NFL franchises, so they always had more realistic business situations to contend with (and they didn't do too badly).

For anyone to think that team ownership in virtually any major league sport doesn't come with some "requisite" significant ego stroking would be quite naive.

Mark this **** down. Mark what I'm about to say down. Here it is:

Petrino will have some decent level of success at Arkansas and when Notre Dame gets rid of Charlie Weis, Petrino will at the very least try to bolt for the Irish.

That's like predicting that right now, there's at least a dozen, over-worked, sleep-deprived young people - probably males - sitting in the Georgia Tech library studying eMag notes that make no sense to them whatsoever. Even Kreskin will tell you that Petrino will bolt as fast as possible. Plus, he's using the kids that Houston Nutt recruited. So he can easily have immediate success.

The only real mystery here is where Bobby Petrino ends up next. Notre Dame's a good possibility, as the Whining Irish don't look like they'll get magically better next year. That is, if the human blob known as Charlie Weis doesn't consume South Bend, leaving only a desolate, bleak wasteland in his voracious wake. I actually root for this. I can also see Bobby running guns and human slaves with Nicaraguan pirates. Honestly though, the only schools I can see him at after this are SEC schools, because they'll get anyone they can.

Actually I don't know why it wouldn't be tampering if the Falcons push it. I mean, one NFL owner convinces another team's coach to leave his job? How is that not tampering? Don't know that anything would come of it, but I don't think he's got much of a defense.

Don't misunderstand my point. I didn't say it wouldn't be tampering. I'm suggesting that I'm not sure the Falcons would push it is what I mean. So really we're saying the same thing.

This really stung the Falcons but I agree that they'll be nuch better off with a different coach. Petrino is professionally overrated and personally a complete disaster. The Falcons need somebody who is more than an "Xs and Os genius"--they need a leader whose players will play for and respect. And someone who isn't some sort of passive-aggressive, media-shy Boo Radley recluse. (Did you see Petrino's terse letter informing his players he was leaving? What a gutless coward. That's like dumping someone via Post-it note.)

I understand Blank not coming out and being completely belligerent about this entire ordeal, but I don't understand this whole PC s***. Blank should just say how he feels (in a polite as possible approach). I don't see how it would hurt him, and it certainly wouldn't make him look like an owner who gets walked all over.

EDIT: It would, if anything, take the attention away from his "fried chicken" comment

I understand Blank not coming out and being completely belligerent about this entire ordeal, but I don't understand this whole PC s***. Blank should just say how he feels (in a polite as possible approach). I don't see how it would hurt him, and it certainly wouldn't make him look like an owner who gets walked all over.

He pretty much came out and blasted Petrino's character. I'd say that everyone knows exactly where he stands.

When he said fried chicken I laughed my ass off. I mean, this is the worst pro season in Atlanta history, and it keeps getting worse

For anyone to think that team ownership in virtually any major league sport doesn't come with some "requisite" significant ego stroking would be quite naive.

I am a part owner of the Green Bay Packers. I can go up to Lambeau each year and cast my single vote (out of a couple of million). So I am on par with Blank in the NFL owner ego stroking.

Back