Anyone catch Gailey's 790 interview?

nathogt

Varsity Lurker
Anyone catch Gailey\'s 790 interview?

I heard a second on the way back from lunch and it sounded as though Suggs and Ball were neck and neck for the starter spot. Did I understand that right?

Re: Anyone catch Gailey\'s 790 interview?

Did not hear that, but I expect AJ to bee the "starter", one to give him one last chance, two so as not to start a frosh on a big away game on TV and three to give the ball licking leg humpers at the auc something to yell about. I am going to cheer for and support all our players and I know that someone will step up and get the job done. I beelieve they work hard, have pride, are focused, do not drive around some mysterious persons' Escalade on the way to basketball ethics classes and they all, like us, bleed Gold. They are our guys, they will all have our support and they are going to jack some jaw starting one week from tonite. Whoever starts at QB will get the job done and that starter will not bee announced until right before game time, hopefully for no other reason than to tick off a fenoit like hollis. Also, DBo will play QB in some situations this year.

Honestly, I don't get the logic behind not starting a freshman QB at BYU. If you don't start Ball at QB at BYU, doesn't that mean you are waiting for Vandy? BYU offers a good chance of success for a young QB. You certainly don't want to throw a freshman in against Auburn or FSU. Clemson's D is soft, so a QB could have success there. But, their O might put pressure on him. Vandy is the first low pressure game after BYU that you could throw the freshman in and expect to avoid the pressure destroy confidence. Nearly half the season is gone by then.

My fear fear is that Gailey is conservative and suddenly hearing that Suggs might start startles me into thinking that gut feeling might be right. The future is now. Let Ball go.

Man, what a rollercoaster at QB. Bilbo is the guy. Then Ball. Suddenly Suggs might be back. Is Chan trying to dampen any excitement we might have?

I think Chan knows exactly what he's going to do but just isn't saying until he's ready. IMO we'll see Ball, either starting the game or very soon. Personally I'd go with him from the start.

Cha may be somewhat conservative, but he is cagey.
Don't trust me, but CG2 is much different than last year.
We this year will see the ball in multiple peoples hands behind th line of scrimmage. (IE) Suggs, Bilbo and Ball in the same set.

Chan Gailey is not x and o stupid. Look for him to outcoach in his own way. Offensively, it will be frustrating at times, but on the net, exciting and productive. Buckle your chin strap!

Do not beelieve you understood all I tried to say. I said AJ, I beelieve, will "Start", ok just "start." Does not mean RB will not play. It does not matter, for both will get the job done.

Back