Anyone catch Snoddy possibly playing BBack?

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
Saw in an AJC article about aback competition that Snoddy may end up at BBack.

I don't recall ever hearing this before.

I thought he's always taken snaps at AB and BB since he's been at Tech. Right now the depth is lacking at BB with Sims and Perkins not practicing, so that's where he needs to be.

beej is probably wetting himself about right ow.

Isn't he the one always saying "Dwyer would have taken that one to the house"...?

Well, we've got a guy.

Lol, as long as he can take the wear and tear of getting pounded on most plays, I think having a homerun threat at BB would be epic.

In this offense, having a BB that can take it to the house is probably worth an extra 2 wins per season. I don't think that's exaggerating.

I have no evidence to back this up.. but since this is a messageboard i dont have to... I think Snoddy does not run as hard (break arm tackles/carry guys forward/power for 2 or 3 yards when hit behind the line) as a bback needs to run

I have no evidence to back this up.. but since this is a messageboard i dont have to... I think Snoddy does not run as hard (break arm tackles/carry guys forward/power for 2 or 3 yards when hit behind the line) as a bback needs to run

In high school, he was MUCH better at the FB spot (in the Wing T) as primary ball carrier than he was as the Wing in his previous two years. He was very good at breaking tackles and powering for yards. Of course, this was in high school, but that is all I have to go by and I saw him in person almost every Friday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPMEJz01apk

If the O line is blocking well, all he's gotta do is hit the hole at speed and then make some people miss in the second level. On almost every big run out of the triple option play by Dwyer, he would make somebody miss right at the line of scrimmage, usually by cutting towards the sideline, and then he'd bend it back around to north/south and beat everybody on the angles. When the O line blocks it correctly and the DE doesn't crash down on the BB, there's a gaping hole in the A gap, the thing is that the hole has usually shifted from where the A gap was at the snap towards the sideline. Anthony Allen did the same thing, aim for the A gap as you get the ball, take a big step towards the outside at you hit the LOS. Money. If Snoddy will do the same thing, he'll be in the clear in a foot race for the endzone.

I expect it would be situational. CPJ may have a package of plays designed for him in that role, like Zenon on the first play v. MTSU last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AI_cZ0AOgY

But I agree it does not seem like he has the profile for 200 carries in a season.

Hate to reiterate this but notice our left tackle (#64 Beno) not quite holding his own against MTSU? That is one area of major concern for me. How well do you think he's gonna passblock against VT, Miami, Clemson, and UGA?

Hate to reiterate this but notice our left tackle (#64 Beno) not quite holding his own against MTSU? That is one area of major concern for me. How well do you think he's gonna passblock against VT, Miami, Clemson, and UGA?

When did you turn into such the Debbie Downer?

Him fast. I like the idea of having the option to play somebody freakin fast at BB. Speed at the feature spot seems like a good thing.

beej is probably wetting himself about right ow.

Isn't he the one always saying "Dwyer would have taken that one to the house"...?

Well, we've got a guy.

Track speed and football speed are two different things. He lacks one and has the other. He also has poor vision and can't cut. At least that's the insider intel on him thus far.

Track speed and football speed are two different things. He lacks one and has the other. He also has poor vision and can't cut. At least that's the insider intel on him thus far.

----..hope he at least looks good in uniform.:rolleyes:

I expect it would be situational. CPJ may have a package of plays designed for him in that role, like Zenon on the first play v. MTSU last year.

The way the players were praising Tony Z and his shifty running ability last year, surprised we haven't seen him make a run at that spot opposite orwin. Must not be able to block. I'm excited to see Bostic back in the scrum as well.

The way the players were praising Tony Z and his shifty running ability last year, surprised we haven't seen him make a run at that spot opposite orwin. Must not be able to block. I'm excited to see Bostic back in the scrum as well.

Speaking of #9, it's just 9 days until toe meets leather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AI_cZ0AOgY

But I agree it does not seem like he has the profile for 200 carries in a season.

What is the "profile"? I know he's 5' 9", but there have been plenty of smaller everyday backs.

Back