Anyone else drooling at thought of Choice in PJ's offense?

G

Guest1066

It's one thing to try and tackle Choice after you see the qb give it to the only dude in the backfield.. its quite another task if you don't know Choice has the ball, or if he did and the qb took it back.. or took it back and passed it ... or...

:bowdown:

Pfft. If you really wanna drool over what could have been, consider the possibility of Mike Cox as a pitch man.

Pfft. If you really wanna drool over what could have been, consider the possibility of Mike Cox as a pitch man.

Hahaha. Together they would run the slowest option in the nation. It would be unstoppable.

Not so sure how good Choice would've been in PJ's system. He's quick but he doesn't have that extra burst of speed that most option backs have.

Of course Tashard Choice is a stud of a running back, so he'd look good in just about any offense. But I think a pro-style offense probably fits him best.

Not so sure how good Choice would've been in PJ's system. He's quick but he doesn't have that extra burst of speed that most option backs have.

Of course Tashard Choice is a stud of a running back, so he'd look good in just about any offense. But I think a pro-style offense probably fits him best.

His vision and patience certainly are better fit for a pro-style offense.

That being said, I still would've loved to see him AND Mike Cox under PJ's system

Yeah, Choice seems best in a pro-style offense with his Emmitt-like ability to go through cracks and get 6 yards out of nothing. Dwyer was loving the outside too much for a pro-style offense and will flourish as an option back.

Now, if PJ does implement a full triple option, who would be the fullback option? Roddy Jones?

Now, if PJ does implement a full triple option, who would be the fullback option? Roddy Jones?

Isn't Roddy Jones a smaller guy? The fullback in this offense is usually your best runner like Dwyer and he is also well over 200lbs and a strong runner.

It's one thing to try and tackle Choice after you see the qb give it to the only dude in the backfield.. its quite another task if you don't know Choice has the ball, or if he did and the qb took it back.. or took it back and passed it ... or...

:bowdown:

no, 'Shard is leaving

His vision and patience certainly are better fit for a pro-style offense.

That being said, I still would've loved to see him AND Mike Cox under PJ's system
Absolutely, Choice is already playing in the best system for his talents.

Evidently I've missed th point of this thread. Drool about TC in PJ's offense? You mean "imagine him in PJ's offense" I assume?

Guys

Roddy would be a dominant slotback in the system. Matter of fact, other than choice...he has been the best RB on the practice field the second half of the season. He picks up difficult offensive and defensive alignments quickly....has great hands...great vision....great burst...and he can use some power as well. He is compact at 5-9, 185....and I understand he is closer to 190-195.
Quincy Kelly and Trevor Bray will be fine as FB's in this system...just fine.

One other thought...PJ claims that he does not have a guy on the Navy roster that can run under a 4.6.

Guys

Roddy would be a dominant slotback in the system. Matter of fact, other than choice...he has been the best RB on the practice field the second half of the season. He picks up difficult offensive and defensive alignments quickly....has great hands...great vision....great burst...and he can use some power as well. He is compact at 5-9, 185....and I understand he is closer to 190-195.
Quincy Kelly and Trevor Bray will be fine as FB's in this system...just fine.

One other thought...PJ claims that he does not have a guy on the Navy roster that can run under a 4.6.

Red, does he remind you at all of Charlie Rogers? I'm trying to get an image in my mind of Roddy and your description just keeps bringing me back to Charlie and how we used to use Charlie in Ralph's offense. I haven't seen Roddy on the practice field at all so any comparisons you can draw might be helpful.

Red, does he remind you at all of Charlie Rogers? I'm trying to get an image in my mind of Roddy and your description just keeps bringing me back to Charlie and how we used to use Charlie in Ralph's offense. I haven't seen Roddy on the practice field at all so any comparisons you can draw might be helpful.

Similar to Charlie in terms of his being able to cut on a dime and find space. However, he has more leg strength...I think more of a Warrick Dunn style.

Back