Anyone else having problems logging in to the Hive?

gt_ee

Varsity Lurker
Cracker Jacket -
Check your "admin@gt-sportsfan.net" email. I explained in more detail the problems I was having logging in. Thanks!

Edit: I think the problem may be in attempting to log in globally vs locally. There is no "local login" link provided on the login page that is shown when I click on the hive link.

This is the exact same problem that I having. I get this screen:

Choose Your Username

You are logged in as gte499p@prism.gatech.edu.
To access message boards, you must choose a username.

Username

Retype Username

Username
This username will be displayed when you post messages on message boards. It must contain 5 characters or more. Choose carefully, as you will not be able to change it later.

Help | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Security | Return to Home Page

If you have popup blocking software turn it off.
Then go to Internet Options under Tools and click
the privacy tab. Set it low where you accept all
cookies. This should allow you to log in. You can
delete the cookies after you finish browsing the
hive, if you wish. I hope this helps.

I guess cracker jacket doesn't use his other email, I haven't heard from him yet.

THe problem is that I only have a local (hive) account, not a global account for all "the insiders" boards. If you delete your cookies and try to get on the hive you will see that you are now required to login before viewing the board. However, there is no local login option.
confused.gif

I guess it has something to do with their attempt to minimize traffic during signing day, but they obviously have a few bugs with their new login requirements. Hopefully after feb 6th I'll be able to get back on. But this is speculation since I haven't heard back from a mod yet
frown.gif

Sorry to post this here, I'm sure it isn't the appropriate forum, but I would like to get on there to email a Mod about this. But I can't even view the hive without first logging in, so I'm screwed...It acts as though my hive account does not exist!

Its working fine for me.

Insiders entire network will likely be hammered
today. Tons of folks are banging the boards to
get updates.

Yeah, I haven't been allowed on since Tuesday afternoon. It sounds like I have the same problem as you, gt_ee. Either it will get fixed and things return to normal soon, or it won't. In any case, I am registered here now, too.

With all due respect, salter, I'll be damned if I am going to allow popups just to get back on the Hive.

I was able to get on the Hive by using a different browser than I ordinarily do.

Back