Anyone else notice how Vandy is now being portrayed as slightly worse

goldmember

Damn Good Rat
than Marist High School by SEC fans and the media. All Summer I heard from SEC fans that Vandy 'plays everyone tough' and has 'some good athletes' just not enough depth. I think it is hilarioius.

I have noticed that too Goldmember... even within my immediate family.... (they are all Dawg fans)... leading up to Vandy... all I heard was "Vandy is tougher than you think... just look at what they did to Fla a couple of years back... etc.".... now all I hear... "well, Vandy shouldnt be in the SEC anyway... they have never had much of a program to begin with"

Well we did obliterate them and the mighty SEC has looked rather weak so far this season. The SEC is like 1-7 versus BCS conference teams or along those lines I believe. They need all the ammo they can get at this point.

EXACTLY true! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Before the game, all the SEC homers like Buck on 680 and the Dawgvent thought that Vandy would hang around all day and GT would beat them by 10 going away in the fourth. "Vandy plays tough", "Vandy is no Duke", etc.

Then of course we're up 38-0 on the first offensive play of the second half, with yardage stats of something like 350-50. We just destroyed them.
rocketlauncher.gif

Yeah, Vandy sure was tough for us.
pat.gif

But clearly that can't mean Tech is good. Ergo, Vandy must be bad. So after the game, Buck and the same other folks that were talking up Vandy were saying "well, Vandy is worse than we thought" or "Vandy is really a 1AA level team."

pat.gif

Well, Vandy WHOOPED one of the best 1AA teams the next weekend. Hung 60 on 'em.
rocketlauncher.gif

Clearly Vandy is not as bad as a 1AA team.

But I haven't heard any of the SEC homers acknowledge that yet.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Auburn fails to cover this weekend against Vanderbilt.

BTW, the same thing is true of Connecticut. The season is young so far, but right now GT looked a LOT better than BC in UConn's only two games.

I don't think Vandy and UConn are world-beaters but I think they're better than a lot of folks give them credit for. I'm not saying they're good, but they're legit lower-tier 1A teams.
bigthumbup.gif

I noticed that too, Goldmember. But didn't some of you guys who saw the game say Vandy quit? I was surprised to hear that. Could the new Vandy critics be
referring to their quitting?

Don't get me wrong; I'm not defending those 680 weasels, I'm just wondering what's really up with Vandy.

As for Uconn, they weren't nearly as bad as advertised. I thought they were well-coached, showed a lot of heart, and played ok (except for those dreadful receivers), but our first string is just dynamite.

It speaks a lot for Vandy to come back and destroy Furman, even though they are a 1AA team.

We will get a better read on Connecticut when they play Buffalo this week end, however, Connecticut looked pretty aggressive against Tech, just not as fast.

wink.gif

The funniest thing is that most of them do not even acknowledge the 180. The act as though they knew Vandy was horrible all along.

And when they play the rest of the SEC 'tough' they'll then spin it to say "Vanderbilt has really 'improved over the course of the season". They started out playing so pitiful, but now are putting it together.
If Syracuse could eke it out @ Auburn, the SEC would be the laughing stock of the country.

Back