Anyone else notice???

techman98

Flats Noob
That Nesbitt often failed to plant his feet before throwing the ball during the Clemson game??

Rewatching the game, on some of the passes after rolling out, Nesbitt had time to stop, plant his feet, and throw, but instead threw on the run. I know there were times that he was pressured and this was necessary, but seems like if he stops to throw the ball his accuracy would be a lot better and some more of these passes are completions.

Not trying to be over-critical of him here, I am proud of his effort. Just not sure if this was one of the factors in his lack of accuracy. Maybe he was trying to do too much??

Didn't notice, but I'm sure Nesbitt and the coaches will see it on film. It'd be nice if they find a mechanical reason for the poor throws.

When they're watching film CPJ needs one of those red laser pointers so he can point out the safety for Josh. To me that was his biggest problem --forgetting that there was a safety in the middle of the field.

That Nesbitt often failed to plant his feet before throwing the ball during the Clemson game??

Rewatching the game, on some of the passes after rolling out, Nesbitt had time to stop, plant his feet, and throw, but instead threw on the run. I know there were times that he was pressured and this was necessary, but seems like if he stops to throw the ball his accuracy would be a lot better and some more of these passes are completions.

Not trying to be over-critical of him here, I am proud of his effort. Just not sure if this was one of the factors in his lack of accuracy. Maybe he was trying to do too much??

That's because JN has been that type of QB on any team he's played on. He has probably been the most athletic on any of these teams and was not coached to be a throwing QB. He probably understood his strength, all throughout his developing years, to be his running and his coaches took advantange of that. He, his coaches, and probably his father saw his future as a Mike Vick and not even a Donovan McNabb type QB.

More importantly, we have to do more bootleg stuff with Nesbitt. He has some wheels, so why force him to be a pocket passer?

More importantly, we have to do more bootleg stuff with Nesbitt. He has some wheels, so why force him to be a pocket passer?

I agree 100% with this, which is why we need him to set his feet when he gets out there on his own. With his speed, he has plenty of time to throw once he gets out of the pocket. Then if nothing is there, he can rush for 3-5 yds without taking a huge hit.

Back