Anyone ever go to a game in College Park?

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
I'm gonna try and make it down to the GT/Fighting Ninja Turtles game. Figure tickets for this one should be plenty cheap.

Does anyone know A) how badly that stadium sucks, B)where the visitor section is located, and C)the type of weapons I should arm myself with?

I'm gonna try and make it down to the GT/Fighting Ninja Turtles game. Figure tickets for this one should be plenty cheap.

Does anyone know A) how badly that stadium sucks, B)where the visitor section is located, and C)the type of weapons I should arm myself with?

1. I've been to a few games there. I'll be going to this one. PM me if you want to meet up/pre-game etc.

2. The stadium sucks. Badly. Really badly. But it is on a college campus. And 1.5 miles from metro. I rec going to a bar, drinking, getting on metro, walking to the stadium. Cab back from stadium, or take metro. Tailgating isn't great. The visitor's section is crappy. If you are with a small group of GT fans, I wouldn't worry if you aren't in the visitors section. I guess, on pre-game, if it is early you could go to a bar on campus there. In any event, going out in DC during the evening is a much finer time than anything you'll find in College Park.

3. It is pretty safe. I wouldn't worry about anything other than our defense being run over. But they should be used to that. You should carry your zombie survival kit, minus the gun. You don't want to be arrested and trapped in jail should the zombies show up.

I really thought this was going to be about College Park, Ga. To which my was response was some thing like "No. ---- no, man."

I've been to pretty much every Tech game at MD since 1990. Its fine as long as its a day game. I won't go back there for a night game - too many problems with people I don't need to deal with.

I agree with SBP - its not great but its ok. The MD faithful are really down on Edsall so I don't expect a big crowd. Look on the GT alum page for location of tailgate festivities. GT section is endzone lower deck. I'm probably going to buy tix outside the stadium for this year's game - I want a really good seat for this one.

MD's rush D is respectable but hopefully, we won't have too much trouble.

the sniper was caught, so you're good to go...

Actually, right after our '02 game up there.

Surreal scene. The elevated ESPN cameramen were in plywood shelters on their camera stands.

I've been there 5 or 6 times. It's alright. Their fans got a little mouthy when they had a run of success, but it's settled back down, I think. Never felt unsafe from "outside influences" - the stadium's on campus, and the campus seems to be in no worse an area than ours is.

When I've been there, the visitor section has always been lower deck at the far end of the stands with the fieldhouse on your left (not sure of section number). Tech usually has a decent crowd there.

JRjr

Meh. Have been there a few times. Traffic sucks in the area. Upper deck seats are steep.
Turtle fans treat their stadium like their own private dumpster.

It's like attending a game at Tara Stadium in Clayton County GA or Dekalb Memorial off of memorial.

I've been there 5 or 6 times. It's alright. Their fans got a little mouthy when they had a run of success, but it's settled back down, I think. Never felt unsafe from "outside influences" - the stadium's on campus, and the campus seems to be in no worse an area than ours is.

When I've been there, the visitor section has always been lower deck at the far end of the stands with the fieldhouse on your left (not sure of section number). Tech usually has a decent crowd there.

JRjr

Ditto. Maryland fans are great when they suck and can be intolerable when they are winning.

I recall parking for free in the back of campus, but things change so that may be new. I never had problems finding a seat or getting a ticket cheap.

The stadium is average. The seats are fine. Don't be a dumbazz and sit in the upper half of the upper deck. There will be plenty of better seats empty. Just take them.

The last time I was there Bobby Ross was coaching. For Maryland.

Stadium was high school. Fans were obnoxious Yankees, but not mean at all.

Been many times. I would say it is easily the worst stadium in the ACC. As for the fans, I would rank them somewhere between VThug and UGA. Especially if there having a decent season.

Back