ANYONE have an O'L buyout update?

texstinger

Dodd-Like
ANYONE have an O\'L buyout update?

Rumor, truth, fiction? Anything? Curiosity flamed by DB letter. Honestly, the way things are going, if O'L don't pay, why should I? Also in response to a post the other day, if we start out 1 - 3 next year, I think CG is out, Homer brought back in as special consultant and immediately the women's BB team cancels the ugag series and FB will add 2 - 3 games with southern conference teams. Hope I am wrong

Re: ANYONE have an O\'L buyout update?

Negotiations continue on the buyout agreement. The lawyers for GT are trying to settle this without having to have a suit file. GT does not want to have to file suit to collect.

Here's your update . . . he has not paid it and he is not going to pay it. You act like he owes it to you personally. Those coaches contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on.

I can think of a lot of other places where Tech has wasted a million dollar salary.

Go Jackets!

Jerry, I think some of what you said it true, but not all of it.

We'll get the money from O'leary. It's not going to be in one lump sum for that amount of course, but we'll get it.

GO JACKETS!

I am starting to ask the question - doesn't Gailey owe us our million back? Richt can and should help with that tab - how much is 51-7 worth?

I'm willing to bet that O'Leary never pays the 1.5. Tech has shown that it is weak, and O'Leary will use this weakness to his advantage.
BOO

JtJ, I do not understand how me wanting O'L to honor his contract constitutes me thinking it is owed to me personally. Also, if CG has a stip in his contract regarding the team performance stating if we lose 51 - 7, then hell yes pay it back. Do not know if he does. The point is, why should we be subjected to requests for more when the AA does not uphold their obligation to collect from others.

The best joke I have heard in months Beeware !! In my estimation.. GOL still owes us the 1.5 and the salary for the 2001 season as well..

I for one don't think that GOL has any intention of honoring his obligation to us and I do mean us for we are Georgia Tech. We are the tax payers the supporters of all things Tech, with our money as well as our spirit. I feel that GOL thinks Tech put the screws to him and he can not realize that it was in fact him that left. I think he feels that when ND fell through we were obligated to take him back. Even if it becomes the most sensational trial of this the new century we should sue and even include a nice hefty amount for court and lawyer fees as well as interest.

foggy,
I have a better idea. We should let Coach O'leary work off the 1.5 million. We need a good coach (desperately), and he would like to get back into college coaching. Would be a win-win situation.

Back