Anyone know whatever happened to Dwyer?

LaFlavor

Flats Noob
Georgia vs Georgia Tech Preview: Clean, Old Fashioned Hate - Saturday Down  South

that ugag win when we took over the 2nd half in PJ's first year is arguably one the greatest GT wins ever. When they posted that graphic on TV "where's the sting" and then we broke that long run on the next play. JD will always be one of the GT's greatest.

I don't think these young guys understand. We had lost 7 straight and Ugag was full of NFL players. It was an unbelievable comeback.
And we were expected to win something like 3 games heading into that season. What a great year.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
remember when he decided we weren’t going to lose to Gardner Webb? That was cool.

GTsapper

USVI Wreck from Georgia Tech
Georgia vs Georgia Tech Preview: Clean, Old Fashioned Hate - Saturday Down  South

that ugag win when we took over the 2nd half in PJ's first year is arguably one the greatest GT wins ever. When they posted that graphic on TV "where's the sting" and then we broke that long run on the next play. JD will always be one of the GT's greatest.

I don't think these young guys understand. We had lost 7 straight and Ugag was full of NFL players. It was an unbelievable comeback.
This is my profile pic on ST and one of my favorite GT pictures of all time.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
If soft means trucking db's I'll take soft any day

His nickname was literally the diesel.. why are you such an asshole
Reading comprehension. I didn’t say he played soft. Was referring to his body not being yolked up like you might expect a great power/speed running back. He always had a softer body comp, and propensity for bad weight gain came with that.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
The play where he just ran right over the Hurricane defender and one where the uVA defender flew back several yards after running into him are some of my favorite plays in Tech history.

I can't find the one versus Miami, but he just flattened the dude.
I was at that game - it rained like a monsoon. It was very quiet in the stadium - the rain had just stopped. When Dwyer trucked that linebacker, you could hear the collective gasp from all the Virginia fans.

And it bears pointing out that our victory that day was the first time we had beaten Virginia in Charlottesville since 1990.

Last edited:

gt2690b

PB time!
Reading comprehension. I didn’t say he played soft. Was referring to his body not being yolked up like you might expect a great power/speed running back. He always had a softer body comp, and propensity for bad weight gain came with that.
Reading comprehension.. I didn't say you said he played soft.. my mom said you played soft though

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
What I loved about 2008 Dwyer was when he broke into the open field, the question wasn’t if he would score a TD. The question was would the defense have someone in the camera frame when he crossed the goal line. 2009 Dwyer had a few solo frames, but not as many.

Bbz_13

Varsity Lurker
I was at that game - it rained like a monsoon. It was very quiet in the stadium - the rain had just stopped. When Dwyer trucked that linebacker, you could hear the collective gasp from all the Virginia fans.

And it bears pointing out that our victory that day was the first time we had beaten Virginia in Charlottesville since 1990.
No doubt that Dwyer flattening that dude was awesome. But what is also notable to me about that was that it was 3rd and long. CPJ called a draw, and caught UVA expecting us to throw. That’s why the first guy to hit Dwyer hit him after he had the first down. Great play design.

By the end of CPJ’s tenure, though, the draw plays didn’t work as well because our conference opponents realized we weren’t a great passing team and as likely to run or pass on 3rd and long.

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
By the end of CPJ’s tenure, though, the draw plays didn’t work as well because our conference opponents realized we weren’t a great passing team and as likely to run or pass on 3rd and long.
We didn't run any b-back draws after Dwyer left.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Can't remember what game it was, but Dwyer made a huge run on a draw like play on a 3rd and very long for a first down in one game. It was a beauty. I have no idea which game it was.

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
JD Sent this also to post...Ohh and I read all the comments I LOVE BEING THE DIESEL. i gave my all to tech and i felt like i brought a lot buzz to GT along with my guys Burnett bay bay and nesbitt beating UGA winning the lone ACC TITLE AND WINNING ACC PLAYER OF THE YEAR OFFENSIVE PLAYER AND BEING AN ALL AMERICAN AND ALL ACC. I love GT until i die. Nfl career wasn’t what i wanted but i had a lot of good games and lived my dream. It’s not how i wanted to end but that’s life i know who i am as a man, but i made a lot of money I’m living comfortably and i enjoyed my journey and my fav times where at GT. I LOVE GT AND TO HELL WITH GEORGIA.
Hell Yeah!

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
Loved watching him truck people at Kell HS. Was very excited when he committed to GT. Stood next to him in line at theater in Kennesaw to watch the Avengers. Nice guy who looked like he could have been in that film without any CGI help. Dude was a beast. So many great memories. Got his first TD when we beat up ND in their house.

gt2690b

PB time!

I was there too.. we stole a giant tarp from the stadium and like 5 of us huddled under it.. Thought he trucked a DB though

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
His run against Duke, even though it wasn't a TD run, was amazing. 8, 10, 12....15 Blue Devils couldn't bring diesel down until he got the first down. May have been 20 trying to tackle him. It wasn't his longest play from scrimmage, but the crowd went ballistic
My favorite was UVA run to the left, wrecking their DB Madden truck-stick style. So beastly of a run.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp

Minor correction, it was their DB (IIRC that DB was all ACC).

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Minor correction, it was their DB (IIRC that DB was all ACC).
Thanks for the correction. One thing I also recall is the guy Dwyer trucked earned some respect when he picked himself back up and helped finish the play. I probably would have just stayed down and taken a short nap.