Anyone with an answer???

casbah62

Flats Noob
After nearly 2 days I'm still confounded...
Considering where the team has been this season and the circuitous route they've been forced to follow to get to where they are... I was more than impressed in general with the team... as I've said before I think the Defense is a bunch of studs...

My question concerns why AJ was not allowed to run the no huddle sooner in the game???
IMHO it seems that when he runs the no huddle even for brief spells he's very successful... Granted for the most part the 'O' scheme on Saturday was rather creative. But it is woefully obvious that AJ was not put in a position to play his 'A' game i.e. the short timing passes that he was dominant with in both the UVA game and the NCSt. games. My curiosity stems from the fact that for 2 weeks CG has spoken in glowing terms about this style of play and how he was so pleased that the coaches and AJ had finally become comfortable with a style that was successful. Now I'm not one to question coaches too often but this one seems to beg the question...
Where was the no huddle, spread offense during the second half when AJ seemed to be struggling to find his rythym??? When they did finally use it with less than 2 minutes remaining and no timouts AJ led the team down the field and into position to tie the game... if not for the untimely interception it would have been an against all odds drive... This will bother me until I can either catch CG during the call in show (highly unlikely) or one of my fellow posters is able to ask on Thursday... Thanks

This kind of talk brings up another question mark for me. Why are we not kept more abreast of what is going on with the team and team decisions.I haven't ever felt more in the dark about team operatons,(recruiting, etc.) It is very difficult to have much fan excitement that has only weekly exposure to the team and has to rely on Saturday to Saturday. I believe most fans simply do not feel a part of the team. We wonder through week after week not knowing about what is going on with the team. I do wish somone in the hgiher up places would address this. Tell the people and the people will support you. Keep matters of importance from them and they will increasingly feel alienated from the team and support will dwindle........Just One Man's Opinion

(OF)FOC

Techsamillion, it may be one man's opinion, but it has a lot of merit in it!

Techsamillion, you have touched on something that has bothered a lot of Tech people. Just listen to the folks at the ball games complain that CG treats the fans like he is running a secret order
organization or the gestapo where he answers to no one. I have heard him speak a few times and he usually comes back to the bad experience with the Dallas media when he was HC of the Cowboys. If you haven't noticed he is very controlling in that he doesn't allow his assistants to talk to the press without his permission and by extension he is saying to us the supporters that he only wants our money and attendance without any corresponding
effort on his part to keep us informed. When a coach does that he will not make too many friends
when he finds himself on the ropes.

t million,
that's a ? a lot of fans would like to see changed. He doesn't bother to go to the Fri lucheon either. Why is he opposed to interaction with Tech fans? We foot the bill & are not abusive or just looking for a story. I can see avoiding the media a little, but why avoid meeting with the true fans?
He answers questions very well on his call in show, although he does seem to be talking to Wes a lot more than to his audience. The Pro yrs have left a mark as he seems to be talking to media & watching what he says rather than interacting. Hope he 'loosens up' with us fans a lot more. Awfully secretive about what's happening with the team, that we are all dying to hear.

I don't like the structure of the TV show either because GT fans are not getting a second look and opinions of what went right or wrong in Saturday's game in a timely manner.

I think ISP and GTAA need to talk with CCG and express the desire of a lot of the fans for more interaction with the coaching philosophy of Mr Gailey in a more timely manner.

The head coach of a major college football program is a salesman and cheerleader for his team and the school. CCG receives a great financial package but IMHO he is not fulfilling the role spokesman for the program. Didn't UGAG have issues with the previous coach regarding fan interaction?

I like Big Buck's description as Coach Dull.

blue.gif
blue.gif
pat.gif

T'million I've had those same concerns... this year especially with all the 'negative' responses from the Jacket loyalists I've wondered why there hasn't been a more open attitude from within the program...
Past staffs have allowed 'visitation' during practices... those that were able to attend gave many of us the scoop on what the team practiced then we could see how this was implemented during the following games...
This staff has little or no open practices so we have only been able to judge ... what we see come game day... early in the season what we saw was not positive... I feel that in an environment like TECH that is very constructionist in academic terms i.e. one week builds upon the next... that this season would have benefitted the coaching staff to have open practices so we could 'see' what the process was and comprehend a little more of what the coaches were trying to achieve...
my question remains ... Where was the no huddle, spread that AJ was so successful with in the past 2 games before Saturday??

Don't really care about this topic one way or the other, but re-read some of the posts and think a little about what you are saying. If what you want is for the coaching staff to be more accessible I'm all for it. But several of you talk about seeing what the team is practicing and letting everyone know what to look for. That's just absurd. Why in the world would a team want it's fans to know the gameplan and talk about it on the internet? That doesn't make any sense.

NCJacket I think you're misinterpreting some of our muses... Nobody wants to discuss game plans on the internet etc... more accessability would be nice though... and as to us being able to go to practice and perceive what a given game plan would be is really not true... many schools (and pro teams as well) have open practices... game plans are discussed in closed team meetings... in film rooms and generally amongst coaches themselves... the players may have a general notion what the focus and intent of the gameplan is, but as to when a specific play is going to be called etc. there just isn't enough prep time to go over all those details with each and every player while on the practice field... a guy like me surely couldn't comprehend...and I don't believe you or I watching practice would be able to talk rationally about a 'game plan'...
To be honest if I'd been at practice last week and watched AJ practice 40 yard post and sideline routes all week I would have just assumed that because it was an area he needs work in that the coaches were allowing him that time to work... I would have never been able to know that the first three passes out of the chute were gonna be those plays... I also would have understood as did every talking head in the land that the F$U secondary was weak and so I would have assumed as did everyone that it was going to be important to try to take advantage of that weakness... at this point in most seasons there are few secrets... sure there's the occassional trick play or two but other than that... it's about execution...who does it well and who doesn't...
Open practices in the past never seemed to affect Friedgens game plan... I for one never really remember as many questions about the program in O'Leary's first few seasons and those were losing seasons... what I do remember is listening to alumni, fans, and press talk about O'Leary's practices and how they were very instructional and that this player was looking better week to week in this area or that area... overall there seemed to be more acceptance by the fans and tolerance of losses because we had a general idea of what was going on week to week in practices... we understood the learning curve...
but still... this has gotten way off my original question... Where was the no-huddle, spread offense against F$U???

Back