Arik Gilbert to the Flats?

MatatoGT

Damn Good Rat
What are the odds he ends up with us? I don't know much about him except he's homesick, from Marietta, and a great TE. Because of all that, I'd think CGC and what we are doing would be appealing. I have no idea what his academic chops might be, if he'd be a fit at the Institute and all that.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
No inside info. Dwag fans think he is theirs. Keep an eye on UT. I imagine our chances are slim but maybe not none.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Sounding like UT

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
247sports didn't even list GT as giving him an offer during his recruiting cycle, unless I missed it.
But oklahoma did and his recruiter was Shane Beamer.
I still suspect UT is where he will land. But I wouldn't count out South Carolina.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
No reason he would come here
No reason for a kid who’s transferring because he’s homesick to come home?

Even if you ignore all the obvious things Tech can offer him both on an off the field, we literally check the only box he provided. And better than any other team in the country.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
No reason for a kid who’s transferring because he’s homesick to come home?

Even if you ignore all the obvious things Tech can offer him both on an off the field, we literally check the only box he provided. And better than any other team in the country.
Yea, maybe he should go to Kennesaw State then, playing time and can jog to practice. About as likely as him coming to play at GT

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Yea, maybe he should go to Kennesaw State then, playing time and can jog to practice. About as likely as him coming to play at GT
You seem pretty dismissive of the merits of your own favorite team contrary to insiders who seemingly are all in agreement we’re in the top 3 right now - if not top 2.

I don’t expect him to end up here, but to say KSU has an equal chance to land him is naive. Set the odds at what you think is realistic. I’d love to get something riding on that.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
You seem pretty dismissive of the merits of your own favorite team contrary to insiders who seemingly are all in agreement we’re in the top 3 right now - if not top 2.

I don’t expect him to end up here, but to say KSU has an equal chance to land him is naive. Set the odds at what you think is realistic. I’d love to get something riding on that.
The odds are 0% KSU and less than 1% GT. It’s much more apples to apples than saying GT is in the convo with UGA, which is where he is going.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I don’t have an opinion on the chances; I do know that Gibbs and Simms both commented on his transfer decision and there is a good chance that Gibbs and Arik know each other.

I expect that is the only reason GT might even have a foot in the door: Gibbs. Maybe Collins can make some magic if he actually gets Arik on campus.