Arik Gilbert to the Flats?

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Yeah-my point is that they don't and won't. And that LB will not be playing tight end and will not be putting his hand in the dirt. I'd go as far to say that I doubt we see him in the H-back position.

Look at Gilbert's HS and LSU film. He's a traditional tight end that will sometimes lineup with a slight split and even less occasionally out wide. And he's slow. He is big, but looks slow. His feet look slow, he does not look agile like with LB. They're built differently.

I do agree about getting the matchups, every coach tries to get their guys in the best matchups.
Ok nevermind.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Florida is probably the second best school academically in the SEC.....let that sink in.
Florida is a very respectable school. But it’s also huge and has low entrance standards for football. Saw some article a handful of years ago that had Tech #1 and UF dead last on a list of P5 roster SAT scores (of teams with the data available).

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
You said you've watched his HS film and then you said he's a traditional TE who is slow so I don't think it's worth discussing anymore.
Yes, Gilbert is a traditional TE who I think is slow and not nearly as agile as LB. You can see it in his LSU film too. Guy's feet are molasses, very different than LB.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Florida is probably the second best school academically in the SEC.....let that sink in.
They have a completely different program for their football "student athletes." They are really not part of the rest of the university at all. It would be more honest if they changed their name to Gainesville Minor League Football Team, Sponsored by the University of Florida. A bigger bunch of dummies you will struggle to find. And if Aaron Rodriquez isn't proof enough, Google "Defensive Lineman Dock Luckie" sometime. He couldn't spell dog if you spotted him the d and the g.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
They have a completely different program for their football "student athletes." They are really not part of the rest of the university at all. It would be more honest if they changed their name to Gainesville Minor League Football Team, Sponsored by the University of Florida. A bigger bunch of dummies you will struggle to find. And if Aaron Rodriquez isn't proof enough, Google "Defensive Lineman Dock Luckie" sometime. He couldn't spell dog if you spotted him the d and the g.
To be fair, no one in athens can spell "dog" if you spotted all the letters... in order.

Pulpwood Smith has a great nickname, by the way.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
They have a completely different program for their football "student athletes." They are really not part of the rest of the university at all.
I'm reasonably sure this is the program at any college or university serious about football as a money-making proposition.

And if Aaron Rodriquez isn't proof enough, Google "Defensive Lineman Dock Luckie" sometime.
I assume you mean Aaron Hernandez, also of NE Patriot fame.

1990wspjacket

Damn Good Rat
I'm reasonably sure this is the program at any college or university serious about football as a money-making proposition.

I assume you mean Aaron Hernandez, also of NE Patriot fame.
He's Back............ In The Portal That Is!!

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I better not hear any of you use the damn "grades" excuse. I know we are a longshot here, but we have the ability to get him here.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
I better not hear any of you use the damn "grades" excuse. I know we are a longshot here, but we have the ability to get him here.
But people are saying he didn't qualify at UF