Arik Gilbert to the Flats?

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
This kid is not worth the drama, can already tell.
I bet our coaching staff disagrees. It’s gambling but the kind of kid that could put Tech over the top. You blink and suddenly there’s NFL talent all over the field.

That being said I somewhat can agree. But it can’t hurt to kick the tires.

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Florida is a very respectable school. But it’s also huge and has low entrance standards for football. Saw some article a handful of years ago that had Tech #1 and UF dead last on a list of P5 roster SAT scores (of teams with the data available).
It is also the flagship of a huge state so if they made the academic effort like they have been doing there are plenty of "smarter than the SEC average" kids who want to go there.

That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the football program apparently from other posters.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
I'm reasonably sure this is the program at any college or university serious about football as a money-making proposition.

I assume you mean Aaron Hernandez, also of NE Patriot fame.
Yes. Guilty of posting while drinking, as charged. :hiding:

GTBeeKeeper

Varsity Lurker
Bump.
Any insight into his decision?
I have heard rumors that he is coming back home to play, not out of state again. Since Marietta was home I don't know if this means GT or some school in Georgia.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Bump.
Any insight into his decision?
I have heard rumors that he is coming back home to play, not out of state again. Since Marietta was home I don't know if this means GT or some school in Georgia.
When you hear that academics may play a role in preventing him from returning to LSU and playing this upcoming season, if he decides to return, it doesn't bode well for GT were he to decide to go elsewhere. Word was he was transferring to Florida at one point. I suspect grades stopped that.
He likely didn't complete his semester at LSU, which fouled up his grades and have presented a transfer stumbling block. I'd guess the chance of us getting him if everything were normal would have been slim. The chances of us getting him with grade issues probably none. Although, he would immediately be an impact player for us.

BigChooch0405

Varsity Lurker
Has committed to UGA
Jesus they got Derion Kendrick and Gilbert in a span of 20 minutes.

Kirby feeling heat I guess. Taking a chance on portal transfers whose motivations for leaving are less than ideal...

theDude47

Dodd-Like
Has committed to UGA
Jesus they got Derion Kendrick and Gilbert in a span of 20 minutes.

Kirby feeling heat I guess. Taking a chance on portal transfers whose motivations for leaving are less than ideal...
They’ll still find ways to lose. Getting top talent has never been a problem for them.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
He’s the perfect player for UGA. All hype and no substance. Seriously, that is what that program has become. All flash and willing to discard today’s flash for the next flash. I still have the text on my phone the day Eason committed and a UGA super fan texted me that they just won a Heisman and Natty on the same day. And then they didn’t but yet I got a similar text when they signed Fields. I’m kind of surprised it’s taken until June for the preseason champs to show up.

Dhatura

Dodd-Like
I don’t buy Daniels at QB. I think this is UGA’s Achilles heel this year. However, I do buy Vandergriff and Stockton in the future. My guess is UGA wins 2 of next 5 NCs.
You are quite possibly the dumbest Tech fan in existence. "Fan for over 60 years", eh? You apparently never learned the one damn thing about being a Tech fan. Piss on georgia.