Arrggh!! No TV for Clemson!!

kirbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Game time 7 pm

Sept. 8, 2003

ATLANTA - Georgia Tech's football game against Clemson on September 20 will kick off at 7 p.m. at Bobby Dodd Stadium/Grant Field. The game will not be televised.

Tickets for the game, priced at $35, are available by calling the Georgia Tech ticket office at (888) TECH-TIX.

Radio coverage for the Georgia Tech-Clemson game will be available on the Georgia Tech/ISP Radio Network. A complete list of radio affiliates can be found at: Georgia Tech ISP Network.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Can anyone explain the 7:00 start with no TV??? That seems really odd.
Fine with me though, more time to
drinking.gif

I would guess the time is somehow determined to be the most likely to fill the stadium? The thinking could be that people would have time to do "family" things during the day and go to the game that night.

Then again, at 7pm Tech is head to head with the Braves vs. Marlins for Atlanta entertainment $$$.

It is September....it is still hot....we almost always play untelevised home games in September at night.

I'd be very surprised if there were no TV coverage. Maybe there are no TV plans RIGHT NOW, and until the agreement is made, there will be no announcement.

If there were no plans for TV, the game would be at noon or 1pm......

I don't really care one way or the other. I'll just go to the live show!

Go Jackets!

GT has always played games at night when given the choice because of no tv. There was even a poll a few years back of Tech fans and the perfect time was deemed 6:00 pm.

The reason is that it is cooler, it gives parents a chance to get all of their kids ballgames over and still come, and still allows some drive time home without being too late.

I think adding the extra hour to put it at 7pm just gives our guys an extra hour for temps to cool down since we do not have much depth. Clemson does get an advantage in that we get less breathers during the game because we have to use our timeouts to get a break.

The only way it would get picked up would be if a local affiliate in ATL took it on with their own sportcasters doing play by play...which has happened before.

Well, one man's opinion is that if we were to beat FSU, there would be some TV slots filled (that would include us)!!!

Interesting that there is no TV and it is a night game...Tech--Clemson is the only game between two ACC schools that Saturday. The other games are ...Duke--Nwstn; FSU--Colorado; MD--WVU; UNC--Wisconsin; NCSU--Tex Tech; Wake--ECU. FSU--Colo is pretty big but none of the others match the importance of GT--Clem. Is this another dirty trick on Tech fans by the Braineless one?

Back