At a local bookstore today and...

techjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
saw a national college football preseason mag so I looked up Tech like always and they had us finishing 7th in ACC and overall had us beating Vandy and Duke with Clemson and one other ACC team(Wake maybe) at too close to call. This was printed before the loss of the 10 players because it talked about the return of Hollings. Said defensively we'll be ok but offense will struggle all season long. Let's hope they're way off.
pat.gif

The other too close to call game was Duke. Wake is a projected loss. I know we only won 17-2 last year. 1999 in Durham we only won 38-31, but that was with our awful defense. I have a hard time seeing us losing to Duke. Duke is improving, but if we're that bad we have real problems.

The magazine is Athlon Sports that said that.

By the way, I have seen Athlon, TSN, and Lindy's. What other good magazines are there?

I can see where Duke is projected to give us more problems than Wake. True, Grobe is doing a great job. But Wake lost some key players and their offensive coordinator was lost to the Bronco's. I guess the writers might believe he was a major influence much like Friedgen was to us.

As for Duke, they have everybody back and have us at home. True, there are more empty seats than full ones in Durham, but I think Duke wins several conference games this year, which they could have easily done last year. They always seem to play us tough.

True. Duke came very close to beating Clemson last year and lost by only by 3 34-31. They also came close to beating Virginia losing 27-22. Another close call for the Dukies came at N.C. State. The Pack escaped 24-22. North Carolina also beat Duke by 2 on the last play of the game on a long field goal.

Duke deserved a better fate than that last season. This year I think they will win a couple close ones and give the fans at Wallace Wade Stadium something to talk about before Coach K hits the hardwood.

Just to add to my above post, Northwestern also barely beat the Devils by 5 in Evanston.

Back