Aubie vs Criminole$

National Championship Game Winner

• Total voters
Mizzou was a poor match for Auburn offense. Auburn just ran around the end over and over again, cracking back on the LB and it was off to the races. Aubie gashed them up the middle too from time to time.

Franklin looked perplexed trying to pass against Auburn's tight coverage. They hit a few deep balls but Auburn usually was riding on the receivers back as the ball arrived. (Won't get away with that in champ game unless its an SEC crew). Wonder if Mauk might have done better.

Bottom line Auburn punched Mizzou in the face and got away with it.

Don't know if anyone has said this, didn't read all post, but Chad Morris is a Malzhaun protege. Their offenses are very similar. FSU shouldn't be in shock lining up against it.

Yeah all last week it was " A one loss SEC team should be in the MNC game because they deserve it" Now its "FSU is really an SEC team" Any time an ACC team does well they change the narrative. We can't win when we win.

You guys must realize that this is because ESPN desperately wants the SEC to expand with Clemson and FSU. Hell they'd probably fork up for the exit
Fees for both. They've been calling Clemson and FSU SEC-like teams all year.

Well Saban coached at Michigan State before LSU so LSU & Bama are modeled just like Big 10 teams right?

Yea, ESPN doesn't even try to cover up their agenda any more. "SEC #1 all day every day even when they lose out of conference games."

Yeah the storyline now is FSU is dominant just because the rest of the ACC sucks. Before the storyline was the ACC has no marquee teams because they all beat each other. Can't win.

Seriously. Holtz said that it will be 2 SEC teams playing. Because FSU has former SEC coordinators. And they have followed the SEC blueprint with a powerful defense... did they watch the sec title game? Defense?

This is why I don't miss the days when I had the time to watch these analysts talk about CFB.

In their eyes, the SEC is the best, and they will find a way to make everything confirm that "truth." They just proved that they will go as far as calling teams from other conferences "SEC-like" if they are really good. The train has left the station. It would take several back-to-back championships by a variety of non-SEC teams to reel it back in, but I don't see that happening ... especially when they will just consider non-SEC wins SEC wins because the teams are SEC-like.

I tried watching College Game Day one Saturday this year. They had Paul f**king Finebaum on there. Paul Finebaum is Mr. SEC. The guy thinks the SEC created the heavens and the earth. Look at who they have brought on in recent years: David Pollack and Paul Finebaum. Big time SEC homers.

Auburn/FSU is definitely a more interesting matchup than Ohio State/FSU. OSU is not as dynamic on offense as Auburn and would be easier for FSU to shut down.

I am torn between wanting to see a triple option team win it or an ACC team win it.

Auburn has a horseshoe shoved up its rear. Two miracle wins and then a team that hasn't lost in 2 years wets the bed to let them into the title game. I have no doubt they'll win.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

When u put 600+ yards, mostly on the ground, against a 1 loss SEC team, there's no horseshoe involved. It also tends to validate your previous miracles. That said, I believe fsu will overwhelm Auburn on both sides of the ball. A quick lead by fsu will force Auburn out of it's core strengths.

Well, FSU is in the south, is a sham of a school, employees athletes who can barely read or write, has long and rich tradition of committing crimes and beat UF this season. Sounds like every other SEC team to me.

When u put 600+ yards, mostly on the ground, against a 1 loss SEC team, there's no horseshoe involved. It also tends to validate your previous miracles. That said, I believe fsu will overwhelm Auburn on both sides of the ball. A quick lead by fsu will force Auburn out of it's core strengths.

When the best part of a team's defense is its defensive ends and you run the option at a fast rate and have a defense that gives up points it's not hard to rack up yards.

See GT versus Clemson in recent history.

When the best part of a team's defense is its defensive ends and you run the option at a fast rate and have a defense that gives up points it's not hard to rack up yards.

See GT versus Clemson in recent history.

So, the 11 teams Mizz beat didn't have such an "option"? Auburn gashed Mizz from the first play to the last.

I expect Auburn's DBs to struggle with the size of F$U's WRs

LOTS of points scored

Yes. What big rushing attack has FSU faced? Boston College was probably the best running back they came up against, and they gave up 34 points.

I didn't say they weren't good. They've benefited from some extremely unlikely events to get where they are though. Lucky.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

In their eyes, the SEC is the best, and they will find a way to make everything confirm that "truth." They just proved that they will go as far as calling teams from other conferences "SEC-like" if they are really good. The train has left the station. It would take several back-to-back championships by a variety of non-SEC teams to reel it back in, but I don't see that happening ... especially when they will just consider non-SEC wins SEC wins because the teams are SEC-like.

That's exactly what it would take: multiple consecutive non-SEC champions. Not just one team but several. The problem with the SEC glorification is it confers to the SEC a recruiting advantage which allows them to continually have top teams. So it's a hard monopoly to break.

Back