Auburn and Tech

techrod

Flats Noob
My son in law who played at Auburn and lives there tells me there has been complete silence on recruiting just as there has been with us. He says there some people, because of that, believes the sky is falling while others believes there will be some great surprises. So that makes me feel a lot better!!!!

There is a lot more silence around recruiting everywhere. Tennessee has something like 6 verbals at this point. UGA is the obvious exception, but IMO, that is in perception because of the number of verbals. Info flow is down over there.

At any rate, you can either complain or wait. And most do.

Because of how info is spread so quick and timely on the web might see more and more schools keeping things as quiet as they can. That's just a theory I have. If info gets out about a recruit then other schools might could use that as an advantage which puts unwanted pressure on the recruit. Realize that schools are not allowed to comment on players before they sign the letter and fax is received. Still some info leaks out through recruiting services and such.

Have heard many times that negative tactics are used by some in recruiting. Example might be a Coach X finding out that GT is recruiting a player hard. Next thing you know Coach X is bringing a calculus book with him on his in home visit. Could be a lot of examples. Know that these coaches do run into each other, but that doesn't always tell all.

Guess that recruiting can be tough business. I wish programs would sell themselves and not negative sell another school they are recruiting against.

Heard from one of our coaches a few years back that schools in one conference really use negative recruiting tactics. The point is not to give another school heads up on anything. Sometimes keeping things as quiet as possible might help in a few cases which makes it advantageous. Again, just a theory I have.

Back