AUC/Barnhart puts 6 ACC teams/5 SEC teams Top 25..

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
Miami (6), FSU (8), Clemson (12), Maryland (17), Virginia (18), and NCState (23).

He did not list VaTech, or any others, among the 'best of the rest'. I really think their program is on the decline and wish we had taken Syracuse or UConn.

fwiw...they have UGA #2...and a total of 5 SEC teams in the pre-season Top 25...and none in the 'best of the rest'. LSU (5), Florida (13), Tenn (15), Auburn (21).

what???

[ QUOTE ]
NCState (23)

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How can a team that was 8-5 last year, that we took care of with little difficulty, and lost Philip Rivers be in the top-25 much less ranked higher than us?

Re: what???

Outside of rivers they didn't lose much and a team is much more than a QB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NCState (23)

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How can a team that was 8-5 last year, that we took care of with little difficulty, and lost Philip Rivers be in the top-25 much less ranked higher than us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...a lot of folks are counting on McClendon being 100% all year...and he is capable of being the best TB in the nation.

I too think that Rivers was Amato's "fig leaf" for the past 4 years...and his leadership on/off the field will be sorely missed.

Re: AUC/Barnhart puts 6 ACC teams/5 SEC teams Top

That was such a DAWGIE, anti-Tech piece of crap. Barnhardt is a piece of dung! I owe him no respect.

GT will win the MNC next year (or fer chrissakes finish well above Tony Barnhardt's pipe dreams). What a hemorroid!

[ QUOTE ]
Outside of rivers they didn't lose much and a team is much more than a QB

[/ QUOTE ]

They weren't great last year with Rivers. Why should they be better this year without him? I don't think they will finish better than .500.

Re: AUC/Barnhart puts 6 ACC teams/5 SEC teams Top

[ QUOTE ]
That was such a DAWGIE, anti-Tech piece of crap. Barnhardt is a piece of dung! I owe him no respect.

GT will win the MNC next year (or fer chrissakes finish well above Tony Barnhardt's pipe dreams). What a hemorroid!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ja vol, mein hauptmann! Just more crap from the dawg based AUC.
Barnhardt = dawgie

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbdn.gif

[ QUOTE ]
They weren't great last year with Rivers. Why should they be better this year without him? I don't think they will finish better than .500.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember right, their defense was young and terrible last year. That youth means there is a decent chance it improves drastically.

It all hinges on whether they find someone to come close to replacing Rivers. I've got no clue what they've got waiting at QB.

I think State is really iffy. They are banking on McClendon being a superstar, a new QB giving them the kind of performance Rivers did and their defense improving dramatically. That's a whole boat load of ifs in my book. They won't be a push over more than likely. But if their defense isn't WAY better than last year they could be in real trouble.

Back