AUC stirs the bucket

gnats67

Dodd-Like
More coffee talk from the fishwrapper. Damarius will investigate a transfer and Madley uses his wits to pile on. Catch the latest -here-.

I hate to hear that... but on the other hand.. I saw alot of passes thrown into the ground this summer by Bilbo...

I hope he stays..

I hate to say it, but I think Bradley's article was right on. I agree with it totally.
frown.gif

That's the mystery to me. He really seems to have some sort of mental boo-boo going on. School too tough? Problems at home? Pressure? Distracted? I can picture that killer last year where he threw the ball at the receiver's feet in the flats. I almost spit up a perfectly good hot dog! Unacceptable. You can't blame Chan for trying to do what's best for the team if he hasn't been showing signs of improvement but where's the Miss HS player of the year? The Dick Butkus HS player of the year? Not being able to hit the target is just about as bad as it's gets for a QB unless you're running the wishbone. You can't blame that on coaching. That's a fundamental you have to have in place by the time you get to D1 otherwise you're not a quarterback anymore.

Reminds me a little of the problem Mark Wohlers had with the Braves a few years back. Different sport I know but it comes to mind. All-Star stud closer that just all of sudden lost it. No apparent problems, just "lost" it.

Originally posted by fatjacket:
I hate to say it, but I think Bradley's article was right on. I agree with it totally.
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Step back and think about all of the articles you have read from Mark Bradley and then decide whether or not you should automatically NOT agree with anything he says. Bradley can be a great barometer for me because he is an absolute idiot.

The AUC has always set out to destroy the GT head coach. They went after O'Leary hard his last two seasons (i.e. Dustin Vait., etc.)and still look for any reason to hurt the program and cause turmoil. The AUC staff is mostly UGA grads with other SEC schools sprinkled in. They are not about reporting the news. If you want the news...read the Macon Telegraph.

We can all just pray that Ball has an incredible outing against BYU to boost his confidence even more. Then, if he can just survive the next two games, I really believe Clemson is very beatable this year given their number of returning starters and their coach is IMHO not very good.

Originally posted by fatjacket:
frown.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I hear you but Bradley's article is full of conjecture. He hasn't interviewed Gailey and he hasn't been out to the practices. His point of view is essentially ignorant and he's performed the Tech community a disservice. No news there.

To me it is still about W's and L's. There is nothing that CG could have done to make me happy w/ an 0-4 or a 1-3 start.

On the other side there is nothing he has done to make me unhappy with a 4-0 or 3-1 start.

I will be satisfied with 2-2 given our early schedule.

There is NO doubt in my mind that CG wanted Bilbo to take the reigns, but it was not to be. I assure you CG knows the pressure he is under.

There is NO need to have 2 upper classmen back up QB's. The moment Reggie passed Bilbo in the depth chart Bilbo's fate was sealed.

We will know in a couple of weeks where we are at. BYU is a solid first test and if we pass that we will have 3 chances to get to .500 by the 4th game.

I agree with bits and pieces of several of the opinions here. First, I admit Bradley is a Georgia hack as is the entire contingent of sniveling nerds at AJC.

That being said, this article, and the last one before it on Tech, as FatJacket says, are right on target.

He simply states the questions most of us Techsters are wondering. I've talked to many people who draw the same inferences - this program has been marked by inconsistency, not consistency.

The part about Bilbo is true. How could he have been evaluating Bilbo since his arrival, to arrived at the decision he was going to replace Suggs, only to reverse course and decide he's going with a true freshman? It's just questions.

Gailey does not appear to have a plan. If he does, it unfolds in strange ways.

Many of us keep trying to find ways to support the guy cause he's our coach but this "wonder what the new day will bring" aura about this program is driving people nuts.

I don't like the guy, but Bradley's article is solid this time.

What scares me is, what happens if Ball goes down with an injury who steps up? Suggs, I hope not. If Bilbo was to stick around and play look at what he could offer the TEAM.
A Tail back at 6'-3" with a proven arm. Just think of the looks the other Defense would have if Bilbo was to pull up for a pass. This young man could and can do it all from the position of Tailback.
Heck we could even add a spark or two by having Bilbo take a snap or two each game to really confuse the Defense. Just think of how something like this could add to our enjoyment of the game, the hype of the game and the press would have something to write about, except Bradley, he would miss that while listening to the UGA game.
Bilbo needs to stay put and understand that this could help his overall career and help others that have worked to make the team.
wink.gif

It seems to me that what we are seeing with Gailey is leadership. He has evaluated our situation in his first year, established a plan to rectify the problems, and then made the moves he thought best for the achievement of the goals of the team. Look at Bush and Iraq. For most, that we canned Sadaam at this point is a no-brainer. A year ago, most were in the Bradley fog of what the *!@ is going on here. Lets give Ol'Chan a chance to send out the forces before labeling him a muddler.

If the article regarding his coach inquiring about transfering is accurate then I'll wager Damarius Bilbo will head to Ole Miss. He can see the numbers the Manning boys have put up in David Cutcliffe's system and that has got to be very enticing. If there is a meeting between Bilbo's highschool coach and David Cutcliffe it could be just to get everything clear about the next three years and what he could do to turn around the career of the Parade All-American. I know he would be walking away from a first class education, but what would you or I do if we was in his shoes. If I truly felt I could be the quarterback everyone has expected of me I would look at Cutcliffe's record with quarterbacks and haul ass for Oxford, Mississippi. Now if I felt that I had screwed myself and had believed in my coaches but somehow was not able to get it to where the game slows down in front of you, then I would stay at Tech and throw myself into where ever my coaches want to place me as I picked up an education that could take me places the end zone could never do. Tough decision could be at hand for young Mr. Bilbo. If so, I truly wish him the best in whatever choice he makes.

If the article regarding his coach inquiring about transfering is accurate then I'll wager Damarius Bilbo will head to Ole Miss. He can see the numbers the Manning boys have put up in David Cutcliffe's system and that has got to be very enticing. If there is a meeting between Bilbo's highschool coach and David Cutcliffe it could be just to get everything clear about the next three years and what he could do to turn around the career of the Parade All-American. I know he would be walking away from a first class education, but what would you or I do if we was in his shoes. If I truly felt I could be the quarterback everyone has expected of me I would look at Cutcliffe's record with quarterbacks and haul ass for Oxford, Mississippi. Now if I felt that I had screwed myself and had believed in my coaches but somehow was not able to get it to where the game slows down in front of you, then I would stay at Tech and throw myself into where ever my coaches want to place me as I picked up an education that could take me places the end zone could never do. Tough decision could be at hand for young Mr. Bilbo. If so, I truly wish him the best in whatever choice he makes.

That being said, this article, and the last one before it on Tech, as FatJacket says, are right on target.

He simply states the questions most of us Techsters are wondering. I've talked to many people who draw the same inferences - this program has been marked by inconsistency, not consistency.

The part about Bilbo is true. How could he have been evaluating Bilbo since his arrival, to arrived at the decision he was going to replace Suggs, only to reverse course and decide he's going with a true freshman? It's just questions.

Gailey does not appear to have a plan. If he does, it unfolds in strange ways.

Many of us keep trying to find ways to support the guy cause he's our coach but this "wonder what the new day will bring" aura about this program is driving people nuts.

I don't like the guy, but Bradley's article is solid this time.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Thanks FatherWasp for your opinion and insight.
smile.gif
I think 98% of all of us want CG to be tremendously successful. I know I do. But, his tenure so far has been a masterpiece of inconsistency. I know he knows a heckuva lot more everthing football than I do. But, from a casual observer he raises questions. This Bilbo deal is strange. Maybe he tried to give his every iota of a chance, but in the end, he just didn't get it going. Funny tho how he got penciled in as # 1 only to be booted a week or so later.
Bradley usually chaps my butt, but I think his article this time was once again right on. I didn't see it as an assassination attempt from the dark side.
mad.gif

Some of you guys are just ignoring reality IMO. Of course, Bilbo was penciled in as the starter. Coming out of spring practice the coaches wanted him to take the job and determined to give him the most reps. They saw AJ all last year and were not satisfied with what they got. Once Ball got to campus and began to practice he clearly was the best QB on the field. Bilbo did not keep pace and fell back. Since he's such a good athlete it only makes sense to try to find him another spot to contribute from.

If Debo decides to transfer it will be a loss to the program IMO, but we have to play the best man in each position. He's had 2+ years to take the reins and hasn't done it. Maybe he would have better luck in a different system, or maybe he shoudl really be playing something else. I guess we'll see in the long run.

Back