gtfan

Sith Lord
Staff member
We have avatars here on stingtalk to choose from if you would like to identify yourself with a picture.

an avatar is defined as

An image representing a user in a multi-user virtual reality space.

I see where many are using the avatar function. It if a very simple procedure if others want to try it.

To choose your avatar from stingtalk just go to your profiles and

1. click "select a different avatar image"

that will then take you to a page of 25 images just hit next to scan the 200+ images on stingtalk to choose from

you can also choose an image from the internet

A good source of FREE avatars is

LINK

Once you find an image that you like

1. place your pointer on the pic
2. right click the mouse and click to properties
3. highlight and copy the address(URL)
4. paste that same address in your profile on stingtalk

If you have any question just email me at gtfan@stingtalk.com

OTHER HELPFUL HINTS

The War Room = link to other schools message boards. this is located above at the top of your screen.

We have gotten some new users so here is some other helpful information.

As you can see this site has MANY options and we are ALL getting use to it.

1. There are more gremlins than the 14 shown here. If you want to use other gremlins it is a very easy process. Here are a few links that have a large number.

LINK1

LINK2

LINK3

when you click on the icon just COPY the ubb code in the box which is at the top or the side, then PASTE in the body of your message like this

how.gif

2. YOU CAN EDIT OR DELETE your post. It is ok to try anything and if you do not like it then change it or delete it. You can also PREVIEW your post before you post it.

3. The code that allows us to put the gremlins in also allows you to bold, quote, put in links and underline. All of this is just normal ubb code and is explained in this link

LINK4

4. You can also search topics. This button is at the top right of every page under the new topic and reply buttons. There is also a FAQ (freqently asked questions) button beside it.

5. I know we get new members that come after some posts. Feel free to look over any prior post. If you reply to the post then that post will pop up to the top of the board.

these are just a few of the options and I encourage you to experiment with them. Like I said earlier you can always delete or edit your message.

We are still a new website but we are growing and we will be adding some enhancements and will continue to make the site better. If you have any questions I can be emailed at gtfan@stingtalk.com

We have some new members so thought I needed to bump this thread up.

In fact we have gained 100 new members in the past 30 days.

Back