B.C. the red headed stepchild...

GeorgiaTechFan

Flats Noob
I don't know how many countless articles and blogs I've read now that want to shove B.C. out of the ACC and bring in a West Virginia, etc. Is there any scenario where Boston College would even want to leave? I've never read where they said they weren't happy being in the ACC.....is it just them being so far out of the realm geographically that everybody else is saying adios to them?

I also would find it hard to believe West Virginia would be that easy to convince to join the ACC. I don't know what shared monies the Big East gets...but certainly the ACC's pot isn't exactly on the verge of growing anytime soon with the lackluster quality of teams.

They would be crazy to want to leave. They play in a division where having 3 conference losses still has them in the thick of things for a shot at a BCS game (of course the same was true about the entire ACC last year but meh).

I think USF or UCF would be a better fit for the ACC if BC left, WV is not even on the Atlantic Coast!!

I don't know how many countless articles and blogs I've read now that want to shove B.C. out of the ACC and bring in a West Virginia, etc. Is there any scenario where Boston College would even want to leave? I've never read where they said they weren't happy being in the ACC.....is it just them being so far out of the realm geographically that everybody else is saying adios to them?

I also would find it hard to believe West Virginia would be that easy to convince to join the ACC. I don't know what shared monies the Big East gets...but certainly the ACC's pot isn't exactly on the verge of growing anytime soon with the lackluster quality of teams.

I'd like to trade BC for West Virginia in the ACC. I think West Virginia could have natural rivalries with VT and Virginia and maybe Maryland.

I don't think they'll go back to the Big East, nor will the B.E. be too happy about our taking WVU. They were super pissed that we took their two biggest stars, UM and VT.

I don't think they'll go back to the Big East, nor will the B.E. be too happy about our taking WVU. They were super pissed that we took their two biggest stars, UM and VT.

I don't think the Big Least could stop the ACC from inviting West Virginia,if they really wanted to join the ACC.

That's cause we have an expectation of academics meaning something.. It was bad enuf letting VT into the league.

I don't really care however if the conference as a whole is an upper echelon among academics. I care about Tech of course....but really don't care about what the others are doing....Maryland having a reputation as a fine university does nothing for me going into a job interview. I'd just like to see the conference more competitive when it comes to football specifically.

Back prior to BC receiving an invite I was all for bringing in Central Florida instead. UCF is a big university with an upside in potential --and it just makes better sense from a geographic perspective.

I think USF or UCF would be a better fit for the ACC if BC left, WV is not even on the Atlantic Coast!!

That's a horrible idea.. I don't care about the whole "being on the Atlantic Coast". If BC left, how about a Notre Dame? I think they would fit well into ACC even if they don't have any ocean front property.

Back prior to BC receiving an invite I was all for bringing in Central Florida instead. UCF is a big university with an upside in potential --and it just makes better sense from a geographic perspective.

UCF is just another Middle Tennessee State. Too small potatoes for the ACC.

That's a horrible idea.. I don't care about the whole "being on the Atlantic Coast". If BC left, how about a Notre Dame? I think they would fit well into ACC even if they don't have any ocean front property.

Notre dame will never willingly join a conference.

Why would they? Instead of splitting their bowl money with a conference they get to keep it, and they have clauses galore that get them into BCS games. Not to mention having their own Television channel to cover all their home games.

They are in a conference for all their other sports. They really do have it made.

Notre Dame would be the ultra if you could ever get them to join the conference. But the question remains...is there even any chance of B.C. leaving? They certainly aren't going to do something that will get them kicked out.....and unless for some reason the ACC decides they are better off with 14 or 16 teams...than we are stuck at 12.

Notre dame will never willingly join a conference.

Why would they? Instead of splitting their bowl money with a conference they get to keep it, and they have clauses galore that get them into BCS games. Not to mention having their own Television channel to cover all their home games.

They are in a conference for all their other sports. They really do have it made.

In the current system; yes it will never happen. However, I think within 5-10 years; the BCS is going to be replaced with some kind of playoff system. ND will not have any kind of auto-bid and be forced to join a conference.

In the current system; yes it will never happen. However, I think within 5 years; the BCS is going to be replaced with some kind of playoff system. ND will not have any kind of auto-bid and be forced to join a conference.

I think location wise Notre Dame would be a Big 10 natural.

Don't make BC leave... they are one of our best schools and best teams.

In the current system; yes it will never happen. However, I think within 5-10 years; the BCS is going to be replaced with some kind of playoff system. ND will not have any kind of auto-bid and be forced to join a conference.

I hope not*

*Unforgiven108 is anti-playoff.

Back